Exporting .obj files with a UV Map

Can you export a UV map in a .obj file that 3D Max can understand?
If not, is there another way to do it?

Are you having problems with the UVs in 3DSMax when you export as a .obj with the UV export option enabled in the export settings ?
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Import-Export/Wavefront_OBJ#Export_Options

Thanks for the reply.
It’s hard to say what the actual problem is.
It seems that someties when the .obj file is imported to 3Dmax, the texture map does not show and other times it does.
I’m trying to figure out what to click when exporting an .obj file from Blender in order to have all the parts and information that would be necessary.

Or, maybe I should start from the beginning:eek:

This is probably not the right forum fro this question as it pertains to “game” functions.
What I am trying to do is create an object with multiple parts (some will have to move) in Blender and then transfer them to someone who uses 3D Max to then place the object in the game.

We are volunteers in this project:confused: and are fumbling about trying to get it to work.
We have had some success but are constantly going back and re-exporting from Blender to see if the issues are with Blender or 3DMax.

I’m just now questioning the need to even use 3D Max…

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.
Should I ask this question in the “games” forum?
Can all the functions that are necessary for a game (camera views, pivot points) be exported from Blender as an .obj files and then imported into and understood by 3D MAx?

It seems that someties when the .obj file is imported to 3Dmax, the texture map does not show and other times it does.
I’m trying to figure out what to click when exporting an .obj file from Blender in order to have all the parts and information that would be necessary.

You need to do basic trouble shooting
Start with the cube, unwrap and add a texture to its material apples to UVs
Export and import into 3DSM, does it show the texture
Is the link to the texture correct in the mtl file ?
Is the texture in blender using an absolute file path or a relative path ? If absolute, are the paths to the texture EXACTLY the same when you open in 3DSM
Use relative paths and a consistent file structure

If you still can’t see the texture in 3DSM then just add the texture in that program