Exporting to Unity, problem with axis and Wheel Colliders.

Hi, I’ve been trying to set up a vehicle to drive in Unity - I’m just a beginner programmer, but I’ve been using Blender for years, so I thought I might join the two and learn something new in the process.

I’m having issues with importing vehicle meshes from Blender into Unity and getting them in the correct axis.

I’ve followed a few tutorials and scripts from other users online, but every time I apply the scripts and use my own vehicle mesh, the wheel meshes and vehicle drives backwards, or the wheels flip sideways. I can never seem to get the two working together correctly in the correct axis.

Basic Setup:
Chassis (Main GameObject, wheels and Colliders are within the Chassis GameObject/Folder)
Wheel-FL
Wheel-FR
Wheel-RL
Wheel-RR
Wheel-Collider-FL
Wheel-Collider-FR
Wheel-Collider-RL
Wheel-Collider-RR

The Chassis has a rigid Body applied, mass at 1000 and also has a Box Collider for collision. Lastly the script is applied to the Chassis.

Initially I tried placing the Wheel Colliders in a separate Game Object thinking that might fix the axis issues - but this didn’t appear to help.

In blender I’ve also tried to rotate the model in the view many different orientations, as well as applying the rotations before export, but to no effect.

I’ve also tried altering the export options from the default Y for up and -Z for forward in Blender.

I feel I’ve tried all the possibilities and spent 4 days on this and still haven’t gotten anywhere. I think there’s something screwy going on :frowning:

Any ideas?

Thanks Jay.