Exressing Sin, Cos, and Tan in Bge?

I draw pretty pictures using math,

I would like to use Sin, Cos, and Tan,

How would I get them in the bge? make the equations?

BGE has access to the standard Python math library. Doesn’t that give you access to the basic trig functions?

https://docs.python.org/2/library/math.html#trigonometric-functions

dug it up after thinking a minute,

Yay!

Wow!
Very nice!

paolo

Thanks!

Indeed!
Although we all know that mathematics is involved in every phenomena, such compositions are really awesome and astonishing!

Well done!

paolo

Wow! Those animations are awesome!

By the way, there’s a web app entirely dedicated to drawing animated point clouds (very efficiently)using WebGL, called yase (yet another shader editor). It can draw points in 3D space as well. If you know GLSL, or are willing to learn, I’m sure you would like it a lot.

http://yase.chnk.us/

Here’s a cool example I made: http://yase.chnk.us/#zjq

Thanks laser blaster, Where have you been?
Your back?

:smiley:

Good to see you!!

Here is the last one I made using the gravity+force balance thingus

Not getting carried away with it again, are you… :stuck_out_tongue:

import bge
import math

def main():

cont = bge.logic.getCurrentController()
    own = cont.owner

own.localLinearVelocity.y=own.localLinearVelocity.  y+(own.localLinearVelocity.x*.9)
    own.localLinearVelocity.x*=(.1)

scene=bge.logic.getCurrentScene()
    if 'init' not in own:
        L=[]
        for objects in scene.objects:
            if 'Animus' in objects:
                if objects.name!=own.name:
                    L+=[objects]
        own['init']=L            
    else:

I = own['init']  
        Dist=0      
        num=0
        for objects in I:
            if objects.name!=own.name:
                num=num+1
                x=own.getVectTo(objects)
                own.applyForce((x[1]*((3.1475/1.5)*math.exp((.6-own['Animus']*.01)*x[0]*.01+(x[0]*.1)))))
                Dist+=x[0]
        own.applyForce((0,math.tan(own['Animus']*.05)+30-Dist/num,-240+(own['Animus']*8)),1)        

main()

Is there any way to access the current output of the waveform of a sound played in the bge?

I would like to use this as a input variable in my visualization…

Good to see you too, BPR! :slight_smile:

I mostly just haven’t had a lot of motivation to work on Blender projects lately, and also haven’t had a lot of creative ideas. When you’re not excited about your own ideas, it’s hard to find the energy to work on them. I’ve also been pretty busy lately.

Now I’ve realized that I’m probably not gonna come up with some earthshakingly great idea, so my goal for now is to make a short fantasy action/adventure demo with polished mechanics to hone my skills, and then partner up with someone creative who can come up with a good story and inventive gameplay mechanics.

Cough…Wrectified Cough

here it is with the emitters :smiley:

Insert Evil Kefka Laugh here

One day a Man said don’t get carried away, I wondered to where and if I could stay.
Now I love there and live there, even today, at he end of the rainbow past carried away.

Thank you for the inspiration :smiley:

Rawr.