extending the animation time

I have an animation that plays too fast. I must have gotten the timeings wrong. I want everything to remain the same speed relative to each other, but just interpolate more frames in-between motions. I know I can do this by scaleing up all of the IPO’s individually. I have animated quite a few things, is there any way to do this without editing all of the IPOs.

I know that I can just reduce the frame rate, but I would like to maintain the same frame rate.

Thanks for any help!

Go to the animation buttons and play around with Animation Speed level.

Or, for more precision, you can change the Map Old / Map New buttons, in the Animations Buttons window.

Martin

I always wondered what those buttons did. :smiley:

Huh… how do those buttons work? If you could let me know, that would be immensely helpful, or point towards some tutorials…

yeah, me too

Well, basicly, those two buttons can take whatever value you want, it tells Blender to remap all the frame in the animation in the given proportion.

For example, if you use Old: 100, New: 200, the animation will take twice as long as before.

If you use Old: 3, New: 1, it will take a third of the time.

It’s pretty handy if you want to adjust frame rate without loosing animation speed.

Martin

Hey, not bad! Is there a way to apply it only to certain frames?

not with those buttons, but with the Time IPO, yes. You can even apply it to precise object. It’s a lot more complicated to explain though.

Martin