extrude inner and point coordinates

1. i need to do some sort of “frame” on a a couple of poligons, like cinema 4d’s function “extrude inner” (i’ve a grab but i don’t know where to put it). i currently select the poligon vertices, do an extrude and cancel it immediately (so the new vertices don’t move) and then scale them. the result however is somewhat wrong, since the new points don’t remain “planar”, but move along the poligon’s normal as they are scaled. i suppose this is normal (and in fact if the poligon is vertical or horizontal there isn’t this sort of error), however i need to keep the poligons flat. is there a way to do this? i searched the manual, the knowledge base, etc but i couldn’t find anything…

2. is there a way to set the same coordinates for a group of points? i.e. i select two or more points, and set their x or y coordinate to be an exact number. if i try to use the nkey panel i don’t get what i want, and i haven’t found yet a way to do this… any suggestion?

thanks in advance.

1. i need to do some sort of “frame” on a a couple of poligons, like cinema 4d’s function “extrude inner” (i’ve a grab but i don’t know where to put it). i currently select the poligon vertices, do an extrude and cancel it immediately (so the new vertices don’t move) and then scale them. the result however is somewhat wrong, since the new points don’t remain “planar”

I think what your problem is rotation/scaling pivot point.
By pressing the comma and period keys (watch the header of the 3d window while you do this) you switch the scaling pivot point from cursor to median point. By scaling from the median point if you original verts are planer they will remain planer.

is there a way to set the same coordinates for a group of points?

Just select the verts and scale all the way to zero. If you also wish to merge the points to a single one just use the merge function alt-m in edit mode (also in the w menu)

Hope this helps
GreyBeard

yes it did, thanks. i’m still used to cinema 6 tools and environment, so sometimes i have problems doing even the most basic thing in blender (like the pivot point problem. i never had so many choices :wink: )