F1 2007 entry

At last I am closing my WIP thread and posting my finished entry here before submitting it to the F1 challenge.

It is titled “The Encounter”

Programs used:

• blender 2.43: modelling, texturing, lighting, rendering (internal render engine only)
  • gimp : textures
  • cinepaint: postprocessing (color balance, contrast)
  • lightzone: postprocessing (tone mapping)

Thank you for all the comments given in the WIP thread. As mentoined in the WIP thread this is my first project (I started using blender about 4 months ago and doing some tutorials and a lot of reading) and and it was a huge effort to get things done as I wanted them to be. I learned a lot and after all that was the purpose.

Hope you like it.

Hey,

The crash dummy looks really nice. Good luck in the challenge!

-Obiwan

Good thing that you learnt somthing. Makes the whole thing more fun! And it looks awsome btw. a Design i havent thought of!

Good idea!

looks good :slight_smile:
nice design and modelling and texturing :slight_smile:
goodluck in the competition

Composition loocks heavy maibe some perspective…

Nice concept:cool:

Do you mean the composition of the poster image or the image itself. I am quite limited in changing the perspective for the latter, since I do not want to overly distort the poster image, as this represents the challenge’s topic.
Originally I had a different setup for the final image but it had too much focus on the dummy so I decided to change it to the setup seen above. ( You may have a look at the WIP thread to see what I mean)

Glad you finnished it, i watched your WIP closely, hope you do well. :slight_smile:

Really nice! Cool crash dummy as well. He just finnishes it off.

Nice
Cuby

Nicely done, loramel!

It looks like you learned a lot in the course of this project and had fun while you were at it :slight_smile:

Best of luck in the challenge, and keep up the good work!

RobertT

Looks awsome, good luck!

Thanks to all for your kind replies, and there are really 4 stars !!! :smiley: … big thanks again.

Allthough this is in the ‘Finished Projects’ the actual submission to the challenge may have some minor adjustments ( again :o ).

So in the end you may have to look at CurtisS’ F1 page, to see the real finished project :wink:

I couldn’t resist :wink:

I just submitted my final image to CurtisS. Some modifications on the perspective of the poster image, and some adjustments to the colors.

There is now a link in the first post to the actual submission entry.