F2

add-ons

(1D_Inc) #142

That’s because some F2 functionality was built-in some months after F2 release.
It fills rows but don’t build quad from vertex, making triangle.

(Piotr Adamowicz) #143

Any chance F2 can be updated for 2.8 anytime soon?

I don’t think I can live without this addon, it’s just so good. :smiley:

(fiendish55) #144

maybe machin3 saves us https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVNgGJZSqlk

Unfortunately, his add-ons don’t work in 2.8 yet either

(MACHIN3) #146

This video was made in 2.80. I’m just about to release MACHIn3tools for 2.80. This tool is part of it,

F works for me in 2.8. Is it some other functionality that you need apart from making edge/face?

(Piotr Adamowicz) #148

F2 automatically makes quad faces for you just based on a single vertex selection. (It places a new vertex diagonally.) It’s surprisingly useful.

I know how it works I just didn’t test from a single vertex in 2.8. So yeah its not available yet.

(Peetie) #150

Any plans for the pricing (for who have MESHmachine already as well)?

(MACHIN3) #151

It’s free and always has been.

(Peetie) #152

Do you mean “De F2 addon has always been free” or “Updates in MESHmachine has always been free”.

(anphung) #153

Machin3tools is free, it’s a separate set of scripts, menus from Meshmachine, Decalmachine.

(Peetie) #154

ahw, I am not reading properly it seems. Apology.

(NewVisitor) #155

That’s great.
I’m really looking forward to it.

(s_babb) #156

Is there any chance that someone with the skills to port this plugin over to 2.8 could do so? Does it require a full rewrite? I use it so much that I almost can’t work without it. Unfortunately, I just don’t have the coding skills to do this.

(iceythe) #157

@s_babb https://github.com/iceythe/blender-scripts/blob/master/2.8_contrib/mesh_f2.py

Not that hard to port most addons. You just install, run the addon, and work through the errors. Granted, some addons are big, but something as small as f2 (5kB) it’s done in 5 minutes.

For the F2:
- Changed element multiplication sign from * to @
- comment out removed features

(s_babb) #158

@iceythe Thank you so so much!!! This is very nice of you to take the time to do it. Now I can stop exporting sculpts to 2.7 for retopology. And, I’m sure lots of others will find this very helpful as well. :slight_smile: What a great community we have.

Again, thank you.

(bkjernisted) #159

Thank you iceythe.

Also

tool_settings.snap_element is now tool_settings.snap_elements

(s_babb) #161

What line is this?