F4 Phantom WIP

That’s incredible, thanks for sharing!

Some updates…

Texturing, stencils, weathering and ordnance. Still not done with the texturing, but getting closer.

8 Likes

Outstanding work!

Great job!

Hope you made more tuto on Youtube!

1 Like

This is such beautiful work. I admire and applaud you good sir!

1 Like

This is fabulous! One of my favourite fighters of all time. I built several kits of it from 1/144th to 1/32nd scale. I was at one time considering a 1/144th scale aircraft carrier but I have nowhere to put it.

If you want more information about the F-4 fine details you can view this YouTube video and do some screen captures. It’s a 4k video so there is lots of detail. The link: F-4E Walkaround video

Oh, and although the camera work is shaky pausing the video reveals lots of details. The camera and lens are so good there is a ton of detail in most frames even if the video is too unsteady to see the detail when it is running.

That is a good quality video. I can’t believe I didn’t find it while doing my research.

Just saw this Mark, that is one sweet rendition of the F4. If I didn’t know better, aka showing up on a 3D forum I would’ve thought I was looking at some real shots. The weathering is perfect! - Rich

1 Like

You edited you first posts (both) and because of notifications now i see:
:man_facepalming: sometimes… you are the one with the Hmy Caroline… so it’s a double repeated like now.

I updated the hash tags for the year-end contest. I had no idea it would re-post the threads. That wasn’t my intent.

Nevermind… but me stupid didn’t recognize you did both… so i like (and liked :heart: ) it double times because the obsession of detail in both totally different models are awseome :star_struck:.

1 Like

This is HOT!! Awesome work!

1 Like

Excellent work!

2 Likes

Hello Mark,

this is an outstanding work! May I ask you something about it? I do not know who to get am PM send to you, maybe you can contact me? Thank you! Dom

I sent you a PM

Polished job so far :+1:

Textured in photoshop or substance painter? though either way looks pretty darn good.

If this is still a wip?! then I’d suggest slightly more time on the wear pass however that’s just me being nitpicky.

Otherwise only out of interest as a fellow hard surface adherent :slightly_smiling_face: is there any chance seeing a couple of wireframe shots?

Cheers.

Texturing was done in Substance Painter. I think I’m done with this WIP. I know these planes could get really dirty, particularly underneath, but I didn’t want to go too crazy. Thanks for the comment.

5 Likes

Thanks.

Definitely some hard core topology right there, actually didn’t occur to me that each panel was individually generated as a separate shape / object :flushed: although makes overall sense due to it’s obviously high resolution.

Again nicely done.

Edit:
And man! they did carry a ‘truck’ load of ordnance.

2 Likes

This is so cool!