Face Cutter - tool for cutting face

Not yet. In fact I received this suggestion from other users too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I will consider it in future.

2 Likes

This would be a huge timesaver Kushiro!
As said, no need to be hyper precise, most of us need just optical precision, single value, not extended :grin:

2 Likes

Face Cutter Version 1.5.0

This is a major update :

• Now you can press T key to cut and break the solid mesh into pieces.
    You can also press Shift + T key to cut-break for limited geometries only.
4 Likes

I do see that many people ask what do I mean by my request for an ‘explode’ command. I am putting below an explanatory image from Wings 3D (it has such a command).

Now that we have the way to cut an object in chunks (to ‘slice’ it if you prefer) it would be great to have an ‘explode’ comand too.

2 Likes

Hi Kushiro, thank you for this great add-on! I’m going to get it soon, but I just wanted to 2nd ByteC’s suggestion about width setting between two or more snap points, and Fatesailor’s suggestion re: expanding out mesh pieces above.

I was thinking how to efficiently implement the ideas yesterday, and I typed a long-winded reply to you but deleted it because I didn’t want to bore you haha! But here’s my thoughts in case you’re interested…:

1. Press the R key (i.e. “Readjust Distance”, or maybe the Y key instead (looks like expanding fingers :v:?))
    1. Click select two or more snap points
    1. Then press number keys to directly input the distance in millimeters between these snap points (and/or scroll with the mouse wheel?)

For the “explode” idea you could use the same R key (or Y key) like this maybe…:

1. After T to cut-break a mesh into mesh pieces
    1. (Optional → select mesh piece/s (make the center of the original mesh selected by default).) Press R/Y key.
    1. Input the distance to expand the mesh pieces away

I hope you like the idea! No worries if you don’t like it, and thanks again :+1:

EDIT - Extra idea for the explode command:

• Press Shift + R to explode the mesh-pieces at varying distances!?
2 Likes