face2FACE - projecting/placing objects in a fast and elegant way

This add-on will help you in projecting/placing objects face to face in a fast and elegant way. Empowering you to quickly add details to your models and scenes.

It allows you to project a single or multiple source objects onto a target object. And that as simple as selecting a few faces. Without having to worry about origins or transformation.

A new version, with many new features, is now available!

The projection points are determined by selecting a single face in the source object and one or multiple faces on the target object.

Various projection types

The capricorn was made by nodoxi published under the creative commons 4 by attribution license. Thanks for helping out!

Fluent workflow

This projections then can be altered in various ways. And applied in the end if you are happy with the results. Picked up again afterwards and changed again if needed.

The Picture with the floating island and the city beneath was done with help of several add-ons. But wanted to show You the role of the face2FACE add-on. This is about fast, user-friendly and efficient face to face projections. In this case they were used to quickly spread windows or other details over base blocks of the scifi-buildings. To get a gasp of how easy and fluently this process is, have a look at the captured creation process on the right:

Get the newest version

You can purchase this add-on either on artstation or gumrod for a small amount of money. Blendermarket will follow when it gets approved by them. This is not to get me rich. It is for keeping up my motivation to develop the add-on further. And to come up with new ones, which makes our blender life easier.

So i want to pass my hat around. If you can help out and support a Developer, then i would really really appreciate it and send you a big "THANK YOU"!

Get face2FACE version 0.77 (The hip.py tools) on Artstation

Get face2FACE version 0.77 (The hip.py tools) on Gumroad

Get face2FACE version 0.77 (The hip.py tools) on Blendermarket

You do not need all the new fancy stuff? Or You may think it is not worth the money or you can not afford it, no problem! You can get the old version for free.

You only need to sell your soul...(Hey, just kidding)

Download face2FACE version 0.66.6a (The devils tool)

But no chance for feature request or support for this version.

If You find a bug. It would really help when You report them (Please add the version in the bug report). Or if You have ideas for improvement then please leave me a message or just give some feedback here in this thread!

Look at the documentation if you want to know how this works in detail .

12 Likes

Hey, i would like to encourage you again to give some Feedback. I would really appreaciate it!

By the way i removed some small bugs and uploaded an updated version. Maybe someone else can also found one?

1 Like

Thanks for the addon. I just found it especially useful for adding lots of small decals to an object.

Edit: I just discovered I can select multiple objects to project, so feature suggestion deleted. Thanks again.

Hello moshus, I just downloaded the addon. It looks very useful. Does it work with 2.83.13, 2.83.12 and 2.92? Thanks for making it. Once I have used it I will give you some feedback.

Thank You very much … for the kind words and for saving the thread from being a monologue.

2 Likes

Yeah it should work at least since 2.83.6 upwards (probably also for younger /smaller versions, though i did not tested that). If it does not please let me know.

2 Likes

Hey just released a new Version.

With many new features like for example the possibility to project a target of a formely created projection with all its projected objects, while keeping the former projection still editable.

Have a look at the updated first post.

1 Like

Hi,

Updated current version to get rid of a critical bugfix. It happened for everyone using bleeding edge Blender alpha 3.0. Some recent changes in the blender python api which have broken the add-on.

So if you are using the latest Blender experimental version then please use the latest version 0.78 to fix it.

Just a small reminder: If you find bugs here, please also report them here. (Please add as much information as possible to help to reproduce and fix it. Since there are now several versions, it would be nice to add it too )

… by the way face2FACE is now also available on blendermarket.

1 Like

Hey there,

Here is another small update mostly about laying some foundations for future improvements and with a few bugfixes. You can find the details about it at the end of the documentation page for the add-on.

Maybe what is more interesting: For the next bigger release i am working at the moment on a better integration with geometry nodes. Which will add a lot of new possibilities, so stay tuned.

Have a nice weekend!