Fan Speeds

Is it bad to have my graphics card fan speed on 100% all of the time or is it ok?

Other than it being annoyingly loud all the time, no.

Perhaps there’s lotsa dust inside, and it needs to be cleaned.

No not that is is running on 100% all of the time im just wondering if i did, because my temps for my overclocked graphics card aren’t terrible but i just want to keep them lower.

Running your fan 100% isnt bad. What is bad if you have it overclocked, and you reduce the fan speed. This could burn it out.

Another thing you can do is buy and external fan, that sucks hot hair out. You might be thinking wtf should it not blow cool air in?

Well no blowing air in can cause hot air pockets, and damage your pc. While if you suck hot air out, cool air will naturally replace the hot air, being more effecient.

water cool it!

Yeah, I always keep a little squirt gun next to my computer case. Anytime I start to smell smoke, I just send a few harmless shots at the source. You know you’ve hit the spot when you hear that satisfying sizzle.

Really though, I’d love to have a water-cooled system. So much more quiet. That way I could leave my machine running at night while I’m in bed and it wouldn’t bother me.

Yeah, I always keep a little squirt gun next to my computer case. Anytime I start to smell smoke, I just send a few harmless shots at the source. You know you’ve hit the spot when you hear that satisfying sizzle.

use de-ionized water

i cant hear my fan cooled computer. the loudest thing is well there is no loudest thing because i cant hear it at all.

heh water cooling, when i make that, i will get a heater core and run it outside. how does -20c water sound?

I wish i had the cash to do soo… (if your wonding, witch i doubt u are, im running at 67-8 C, thats around 154 F… AKA Not Cool, nor health)

How about liquid nitrogen. Half a squirt should take care of it for a few hours :smiley:

Anyway. . . if you motherboard supports variable fan speeds, download SpeedFan. It allows you to control your fan speeds through software. . . I use it to vary my cpu fan during long renders. BTW SpeedFan is free!

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Get an Arctic Cooling fan. Near silent and very cheap ~£14 $20

Just take the stock fan off, fit the new H/S and fan and You will have near silence and superior cooling.

Alex

My graphics card has a miniturised freezer on its back.

Its runs quiet unlike the friggin processor fan. :x

Oow well you win some you loose alot. :stuck_out_tongue:

my speeds are controled by a fan controller (coolermaster aerogate III) and by speedfan. afaik, speedfan does system settings, not videocard. i think coolbits might do vid cards, and i think nvidia has their own fan controller software