Farmer Joe

does anybody have any idea what is going on in the render of my farmer wot would be the cause for what is hapening and more importantly how do i fix it?

Attachments

Couple of things come to mind: You do have set smooth on the whole mesh right?
If you are using some sort of shadowbuffered lamp try increasing the shadowbuffer size.
If you are using non procedural texture take a look if you have some weird artifacts on the texture or if the texture is too lowres.

yes i do have set smooth on i think it may be the shadow buffer thing lol ive never really thought about that what is a good amount? my computer is ridiculously slow it took about 30mins to render that so i cant have it to high but i want it to look gd thanks for your help musk. S if anyone can help with the shadow buffer id like to hear it :slight_smile:

I just skimmed over both pages of this topic and wanted to say I really like your character. The style is just cartoony and fun and has a professional sheen to it. I don’t know what to recommend other than to get a setting to render him in that will live up to the quality of your main character; I think it’d be particularly funny if you added some barnyard animals in a similiar style. Either way great work!

Thanks Anayo means a lot to me and your right i wont but i dont want to render it for an hour only to find the buffer lamps are still to low hehe so yea if anyone can help with that please do or any other comments are welcome :smiley:

well i took Anayo’s advice and started modeling a farm animal im indecided wether he’l be in the finished project with the farmer but as im not sure i didnt bother starting a new thread. So any crits or comments on him would be great and im still looking for advice on the buffer lamps (do i need them if so whats an appropriate setting for my farmer scene?)

Attachments