Favorite movie.tv series

cg… ? %|

no clue.

i like the star trek series, NOT includeing enterprise and DS9.

TV: Tail Spin was a really cool concept. it was like pirates of the carribbean and a western movie(and maybe a good version of waterworld at points) but with airplanes instead of boats. hmmm that could actually make a good teen/adult series/movie. really, just get rid of the toon characters and make it with more depth.
i dunno my favorite tv series of all time would have to be… hmm actually i dont really have any they all suck at one point or another, although until recently i liked Alias which had some CG shots

Movies: on the other hand oh man uh best CG movie would have to be Finding Nemo theres just something about that film that even though im twenty i still like it.
ohh but best movie of all time ever would have to be Kill Bill this 4 hr long epic just gets better every time i watch any of the older sergio classics and hong kong operas, it captures all of the movies perfectly. and NO CG! which makes it all the better.
Lamest movie ever would be LOTR. huzzah! :stuck_out_tongue: but seriously that movie gave me a bad stomach every time i sat down to watch it, had nothing worth while. hell the tagline gives the whole plot of the movie away(btw ive never read the book and now dont plan to)

2 recent movies that have obviously bad CG FX:
Spiderman 2 (i could have found better ways to do those scenes)
Matrix 2,3 (4 yrs thats what they came up with? :o )
edit*not recent but unusual that ILM would have some bad CG fx in the star wars special edition, that goes in the list too

-edit
i cant believe i didnt think of Invader Zim probably ranks up there with futurama but in a different way

I like most of the Pixar movies and Shrek but they are mainly for the mix of CG and good stories. For excellent CG, I would choose the photoreal stuff like Final Fantasy: the spirits within and the animatrix: final flight of the osiris. I quite like the Final Fantasy game fmv but I can’t stand the game.

I never really got into things like family guy or king of the hill. I just never found them funny. I figure if I can go a whole episode without smiling then it’s not worth it. I love futurama and the simpsons, though. The episode where Homer went 3D was pretty cool (though probably not a great technical achievement).

One series I’m hooked on now is the PJs made by eddie murphy’s company. He’s one of the main voices. This is more plasticine models (like Wallace & Gromit - which I also like) but it has some cg effects.

The matrix movies were good too. As for cartoons (non cg), I used to watch Pinky and the Brain. I don’t know why they stopped it. It was about one brainy mouse and a dumb mouse and every night they would try and take over the world - absolutely hilarious: http://www.bugkid.com/pinkybrain/

As for LOTR, I liked it but I’m not much into medieval stuff and those wild beasts charging over the fields looked a bit fake. The elephants were ok and I liked the trees but they were such a rip-off from the trees in The Neverending Story. I thought the effects in The Time Machine were nice too.

you people are missing the greatest cg tv series of all time!!!
http://bwtf.com/imagestore/bw.jpg

Dear lord, I hope you’re kidding.

man i’m crushed, i loved that show, damn :frowning:

Um… no.
That show ruined anything that might have ever been good in Transformers. And the CG sucked. Bad.

I think maybe one of favs is the twilight zone … (the colour version ofcourse…)…

md01

Fuzzymoose: cheer up dude, they started filming Serenity in June :slight_smile:

http://serenitymovie.com/
and wot?
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040716f.php
Whilst promoting “I, Robot”, Alan Tudyk spoke at length about his involvement in the “Firefly” movie spin-off “Serenity” to About.com and revealed the future direction for the franchise - including more movies based around the property.

How many films are you signed for?
It is a three-picture deal at Universal and I think it’s going to be about how the first one performs to see how the other two do. But the way that it’s been budgeted, I have a lot of faith that it’s going to do well business-wise, on a bottom line sort of scale. I think it’s going to do enough, it’ll be hard not to do what it’s supposed to do. If something cataclysmic would happen, and such a good script too on top of it all, I’m certain there’s going to be three.

That isn’t the only possibility though. A set visitor posted up at Serenity News another interesting possibility: “At one point I overheard a discussion about how Universal is planning on releasing an animated prequel to Serenity that will fill in the details between the end of the series and the movie”.