Favorite movies, hated movies

Another great film: “The Time Machine” from 2002. Even if Guy Pearce’s character knew nothing about time travel (“Why can’t one change the past?” Because it’s happened, you can’t change what’s happened, obviously), it was still good. Sure they took the novel and didn’t do much with it, but come on! How many times do you expect to see every little detail from a book in a film? (Except for the 8-hour version of “Greed.” EDIT: And “The Right Stuff…”)

“Pleasantville” and “Legally Blonde” are some great films–and they were made for normal Hollywood! Hmm… maybe I just like Reese Witherspoon (I want to see “Sweet Home Alabama!” Strange).

Oh, and “Shawshank Redemption” and “The Green Mile” are great films! I like Frank Darabont! (Director of “Shawshank Redemption,” “The Green Mile,” and “The Majestic.”)

“The Blues Brothers”… hey, they broke my watch! While not the greatest film, you have to admire it for having the most car crashes in any film ever!

“Mononoke Hime” (Princess Mononoke) was a great film, but it was going on for way too long.

That reminds me… “Titan AE” was a cool film!

Hmm… I’d think that they both suck, but if someone made me watch one of them, “Clockwork” seems like it has a better story, and a better point. Kubrick made a better futuristic film with “2001!”

That reminds me… “Dr Strangelove!”

“Our source was the New York Times…” (I know, no context and it’s not funny, but if you’ve seen the film, it should be quite funny.)

One of the worst films so far: “Shallow Hal.” At the beginning, it went well–they actually had a good plot, and a good point. But since it’s Farrelly Brothers (“Dumb & Dumber,” “Me, Myself, And Irene”), they just had to put in gross-out jokes! (That tail was unneccesary. Oh gosh, I think I might throw up…)

How about so-so movies?

“Nosferatu: A Symphony Of Horror” is one of these. You know, the silent “Dracula…” well, that was REALLY boring. I can usually sit through movies I hate, but my mind wandered after a while. As a matter of fact, it took me a long time to finish the original “Metropolis.” “The General” was pretty funny.

“Metropolis” (2001, by Rin Taro) was basically a so-so movie. It was really weird and long.

PS: “Sweet Home Alabama” rules, even if it is cliched!