Favourites in Blenders filebrowser

I’m sick of navigating to the same places over and over again in Blenders filebrowser. Is there a “favourites” Button I have overseen so far? Is one planned?

thx,
knekke

Hmm, I dont think so, but if youve been working in the same file, I noticed that some of the latest places I’ve been to get saved at the bottoms of the list (when clicking on the P button), although this disappear if you close the application or open a new file.

You can set your “Favorites” by doing the following:

1. You can set where Blender automatically looks for things in the File Paths section of the User Preferences Window (the one that pulls down from then top header).
    2.Blender will automatically remember directories you go to often and they show up in the drop down menu beneath the P button. If you would like to have more control, go to your Blender directory and in it there is a folder called .blender. Enter that and look for the file that says BLOG. Open that in notepad, and you can edit the favorites list.

Method 1 sounds quite good for a start… unfortunately there is no file called BLOG under Linux. At least not in my installation…

thx,
knekke

Method 1 sounds quite good for a start… unfortunately there is no file called BLOG under Linux. At least not in my installation.

Well, the .blender directory is hidden under Linux, but if you got into it, there might not be one because you haven’t used Blender long enough for it to create one.