FBX Bundle

I’ve uploaded a fix for this, it seems reasonable to expect that kind of behaviour from that modifier. So it now behaves like you want. For anyone needing the old behaviour, they can just use the “Set origin to pivot” modifier.

2 Likes

I reinstalled version 2.3.4, which is the latest version I see on gitlab, but I am getting the same behavior with pivots. Did you uploaded somewhere else? Because I already had the same version number of the addon. Maybe I am missing something. Thank you for this fix.

Sorry, I did not create a new release. Just download the repository instead.

1 Like

Nice, its working now, thanks!

@AquaticNightmare Amazing stuff, hope you got my cup of coffee,

I’m wondering what is happening with the multi parent stuff, it doesn’t export correctly nor the collision if its multi parented.

Could you check it out. Cheers

Could you be more specific as to what’s the problem?
Maybe a few steps to reproduce the error or even a .blend file?

I did get it, thank you :slight_smile:

So if you have a collier in a multi level parent, like 2 child’s below and that child has a collier it doesn’t export the collision properly at all

I think the colliders were being moved by mistake with the colliders modifier, try the new commit I’ve uploaded.

No issue, seems to fix it, works like a charm. Top notch support man!
Cheers

1 Like

Still actually sometimes get very wierd issues, ahve to deparent, and reparent them.

Alright, remove the last 3 lines of this file, restart blender and see if that helps.
My files don’t usually have too complex colliders so it’s hard to test extreme cases.

I cant make work the make normals consistent modifiers on regular intanced objects with negative scale. It works for me with group instances but no with just object instances. I tried changing the priority level but the result is the same, my scaled negative objects have flip normals. Is there a way to make it work?

Try adding this line:

bpy.ops.object.transform_apply(location=True, rotation=True, scale=True)

Right before this: (line 35)

bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode='EDIT', toggle=False)

bpy.ops.mesh.normals_make_consistent()
            bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode='OBJECT', toggle=False)

On the make normals consistent modifier file

Thanks, but I am getting the same result. I tried adding that line in and then out of the For loop with the same result.

here is how I added it

I was able to make a quick test and this seems to work for me:

def process(self, bundle_info):
        meshes = bundle_info['meshes']

if meshes:
            bpy.ops.object.select_all(action='DESELECT')
            bpy.context.view_layer.objects.active = meshes[0]
            for mesh in meshes:
                mesh.select_set(True)

bpy.ops.object.transform_apply(location=True, rotation=True, scale=True)

bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode='EDIT', toggle=False)
            bpy.ops.mesh.select_all(action='SELECT')

bpy.ops.mesh.normals_make_consistent()
            bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode='OBJECT', toggle=False)

Make sure you save the file and restart blender.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, it works now. Selecting all the mesh in edit mode before making normals consistent is what I was misssing.

1 Like

@AquaticNightmare Heyo mate,
So with the collision if there is boolean on them it doesn’t apply it beforehand of exporting, is there a way for this to be fixed?

CHeers, thanks again

Try the new commit I’ve uploaded, it should apply modifiers to all colliders before exporting