.fbx import comes in with no geometry

Hi, Im hoping that someone can help me here. Im an industry veteran coming from a AAA background using 3DSMax for over15 years. Im now a studio manager of a small indie studio and after being blown away by blender after picking it up last year (I tried it many many years ago and was not impressed), I am trying to get the whole organisation to adopt it, and I have been telling everyone who will listen how good a package it is now.

That was until some of our asset files would not import into blender, or rather they will import, but there is no longer any geometry that we can see or manipulate, and its causing me a great deal of concern as I have just hired a blender artist to take a lead on our promo materials I was hoping to do in Blender. If I cannot resolve this then theres no way the CEO will back my little project and I will be forced to let my new guy go, and I really dont want to.

Anyway some of our assets import fine as .fbx files, all the bones are present, we can animate them, assign materials and render to our hearts content, and the results are fantastic in such a short time.

But if we cant do this for all assets then its pointless. Attached you can see the problem we have when we import certain .fbx files. And these import fine into lightwave, 3dsmax, modo, and maya, just not Blender.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

What software do you use for the export?
If you have the choice, use a old fbx preset like fbx 2012

Thanks for getting back, Ive just tried 7 different versions of .fbx export from 2010(not supported at all), 2011, 2012, 2013/2014, 2015, 2016, and 2019. These were all exported from Cinema4D, after an unsuccessful export yesterday from MODO. The exact same thing happens no matter which fbx format i export. Very frustrating.

Dumb question, but was ALL selected before export, and on export Vertex Normals selected? I can see that all that file has unless under another level is under the Maste are 28 empties…

Can you share one of the files that will not import? It would be the only way to examine and see if there is a solution…I haven’t had this problem in a long time but on .3dS files…but sometimes it is just a scaling issue…

Thanks for replying, yeah we tried a whole host of ways to export with selections active, non active, hidden, unhidden, it just look sliek certain files wont open in blender. Strangest thing is we have a massive backlog of games that have various publish dates (so its not an age issue) some just work, and some just dont. A very strange affair. Cheers.

here is a file that you can review . OOPS sorry apparently new users cannot upload files to the chat.

Just put it on a hosting site Like Google Drive or the like…
if you don’t want it to circle the net…add the link to a PM…

I had one file that was sent to me that had been corrupted after a hard drive failure…
It ended up having 1 vertex moved from a pouch on the leg back to origin point destroying the pouch and causing the corrupting the lower body and clothing to just vertices…no edges at all…Lucky it wasn’t a time sensitive file…but it was the only existing copy…spent weeks selecting verticies and adding in the edges 2 by 2…