Feed Me!

This is the finished image of my collaboration with ColiN00B.

Took us 40h, done in Blender with textures from Poliigon.com, although most were drawn in Blender.
Post processing done in Gimp.
Feedback is highly appreciated https://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/s/smile.gif

Here are two short videos of parts of the creation process where we remembered to record for once xD:

Texture Painting different maps (bump, mix factor, color) using various UV maps:

Scene Breakdown:

Btw, what I learned from this project:
Penguins look really weird without their fur texture xD

Attachments

Wow! This looks really good, and I like the story it tells.
Out of curiosity, how did you structure the collaboration?

Thank you so much :slight_smile:
About the collaboration: First we planned who would do what and then we both did those things. When I was finished with the penguin I sent it over via Wetransfer. Then he worked a bit more on the scene and sent it back to me, and so on till everything was finished.
And during the process we were both constantly critiquing the image to find the things that needed improvement.

Ooh! Sounds like a good pipeline, especially since you decided together on which parts you wanted to do. It also seems like a good idea that you have two sets of eyes critiquing the image between iterations.

Thanks :slight_smile: I think it’s very important to decide who does what together, because every artist has strengths and weaknesses that have to be taken into account.