Feedback for beginner.

So I’ve been modelling on and off again for a long time but I always get discourged, before I progress any further I want to know that if my current work is good or not so i just don’t waste my time.

So far I’ve done the head, I’m not trying to go for a realistic visual.

thanks

Attachments

It’s pretty fair so far. Just don’t forget the ears and eyes of course and you’re good to go. And don’t forget to watch out for topology if you plan to animate the head. Finish this up and we’ll see how it goes.

What is it that you are going for if not realistic, cartoony? You would need to decide that.

The art that you see from the guys that are really good here on the forum and elsewhere on other CG sites have put innumerable hours of effort into their craft/hobby and if you want to achieve anything in CG you would need to do the same, this applies to anything else in life, if you want to be good at it you have to be at it constantly.

I would suggest you have a look at some good head modeling tutorials ( there are plenty on the net for free ) and put your head down and get stuck in.

Shaun

Thanks @speed7 and @ffuturezx this is my porgress so far. For some reason i can’t tell if something looks right or not, idk why.

For a first start, this is pretty good. You might want to post your wireframe, so we can see how your mesh looks. You might get some good tips on how to improve your skill.

What are you going to do with it next?

I plan on using it for a game that I’m working on, I dont know this is what you meant by wireframe here you go.

Thanks!

I’m not sure how people usually post it but there is an option in the object panel under display where you can turn on wire frame and draw all edges to show the wire frame over the mesh. Alternatively you can press ‘Z’ to switch to wire frame but that looks messy.

Here is an example: