Feedback for my mesh

Hi everyone, I would ask you some feedbacks on how it’s my mesh to see if it’s good for rigging.
I wanna use this character for a videogame and I would like to animate other than the body also the face and the fingers.

blend file: https://mega.nz/file/oAEVXIib#FHiOgBalZjsub_JWR7yKiDv5xt7ssTr_NdAODCNTMGk

Looks fine, but I wouldn’t worry much about the mesh, but here are a few things:

1)Blender likes Faces with 4 verts, so don’t have faces with 3 or 5 as that messes up the shading [The Trousers / pants]

2)Recalculate the normals:
In edit mode, press ‘A’ to select all. In the toolbox on the left of the 3D view,
click Shading/UV > Shading > Normals > Recalculate (shortcut: Ctrl

• Shift + ‘N’).

Hope this helps :grin:

1 Like
  1. D: where I have faces with 3 verts?

2. I will recalculate the normals :slight_smile:

thank you for your reply :smiley:

Generally, the topology around the mouth is made of concentric circles that contain the bottom of the nose, because I guess it helps to rework, and it may be because it gives a better deformation of the mesh when animated. That said if that doesn’t change anything in your case, you don’t have to care:

1 Like

here I did a review on some points that you can improve. the video is private, but I can make it public if you want

1 Like

@moonboots I will try to improve the mouth how I can :slight_smile: thank you for the reply

@bourdul oh my god thanks! In this moment I can’t watch it but I will do it tomorrow and I’ll answer you better :smiley:

1. The pants[ around the pockets]
  2. Good
    :grin:

I watch your video and I’m very glad for your help * ^ * . I will fix my model and try to do what you said.
thank you very much u helped me a lot :DD

@bourdul I tried to fix the pants how u said me, is it ok? Or does it need any other improvement?

yes this should make your deformations better

1 Like