Feline Character

This is my first character with an armature. I decided to make a cheetah in my own little style. It has been a challenge but I am moving right along. I didn’t draw the cheetah first. I just modeled it with a series of boxes. Please leave some suggestions if you got them… This is what I have so far…

I like the look, but in the second picture on the hind leg it looks like it needs some curves and muscle tone.

Otherwise good job!

Yes, I will add some subdivision to the hind legs soon. Thank you for your comment.

I like the style of this model.

did you rig it ?

also the only thing would be the shape of the head
mind you depends which cat you want so model too i guess

whihc cat did you model here ?

but it’s looking good

happy blendering

Thank you. I’m glad you like the style. I will continue to improve it .

Well, it suppose to be a cheetah. I didn’t draw it first or use a reference. It is suppose to be a sylistic cheetah but I guess the head is a little large for a cheetah. I did rig it. I am a bit inexperieced when it comes to rigging but I did the best I could with what I understood. Thank you for your comment. I will show the rig soon so you could comment on it.

Here is some more shots of the cheetah. The uv mapping needs more work but I didn’t want to spend the time to perfect it yet. So I moved on to the armature. I will fix the texure soon.

I am having a bit of a problem with my armature. I can’t seem to get the cheetah to sit down. I want to make that an action for animation. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Here is a video of the animation of a walk and run cycle using footage in Blender’s sequence editor. Please leave some comments. Thank you.