female character final ? -04/06/27 pg 3 *Polygonal nudity*

niceone… the butt/ass is a little big … :-?
but it’s nice! verry nice

The butt is not big, it’s just too round, make it more flat. She has some strange dents in her belly and knees and her back is too curved. Compared to the position of the feet her knees are too close together and her ankles are too thin. Maybe her neck is a little thick, that doesn’t go with her narrow shoulders. But that’s all small stuff, overall a great model with good proportions. Keep working on it, you’re definitely getting there.

The head and neck are the things that look particularly strange to me - you’ve spent more time concentrating on the front. Google an image of a skull or a bald woman, and you’ll see why your head is shaped weird. The neck is way wrong in the back - there should be some curvature there and the head would be a little further back.

You haven’t detailed the back yet, you should be able to see shoulder blades and little nubs where the spine shows, as well as a couple of other indentures that change as you move.

The butt is weird too, too disproportionate.

Thanks for the nice comments Eva,Shbaz and Speesk33k.

The back is indeed too curved and that’s mostly what made the butt appears too big (it fits perfectly the reference picts, which are from a normal girl, not a supermodel) and the neck a little thick.

I’m now working on this, and this make quite a change. The neck/back of head attachement needs work too, as I resized the head but not the neck.

The dents in the knees where intended (muscles attachements) but did not turn as excepted when subded, this still need work.

For the ankles, I dont know, I think it’s more the foot base which is too wide. the feet, knees position fits my reference picts again. Most people wont be able to have touching ankles without rotating knees outward

The problem I face is to not get too much vertices while having enough details, I want to animate her. I’m already a little over 5k vertices before subd with 2k for the hands alone.

You have a lot of things you have done right on your model, which is why what follows may sound harsh:

The back of the neck and back of the head need more curvature. The neck does not curve in as it should. The head seems to be positioned too far forward.

The back is flat. You should work on adding detail for the shoulderblades, spine, the small of the back.

The hips to the side of the abdomin need more structure. She does not seem to have a pelvis.

Your knees are square.

If you fix these thing you are going to have a very nice figure to work with. Trust me, I know how hard it can be to refine the details. It’s worth it. Better than makehuman. Keep Blending.

Thanks. From a master, truth is never harsh but a way to progress. When I say I seek critics, I mean it.

The back of the neck and back of the head need more curvature. The neck does not curve in as it should. The head seems to be positioned too far forward.

The back is flat. You should work on adding detail for the shoulderblades, spine, the small of the back.

The hips to the side of the abdomin need more structure. She does not seem to have a pelvis.

Your knees are square.

will work on that. The pelvis hint is a worthy advice, I was not aware of the problem where I knew the others. I knew also the neck one, but you have exactly showed me what was wrong, thanks again.

Very little changes to the back already transformed completly the model, but I will wait having made other changes before showing it.

If you fix these thing you are going to have a very nice figure to work with. Trust me, I know how hard it can be to refine the details. It’s worth it. Better than makehuman. Keep Blending.

It also a lot of fun, even taking 2 hours to get rid of ** 1 ** triangle.

I tried Makehuman 2 times, but if you get a good and detailed model, it’s not yours, and it cannot be exactly what you wanted. So good as background, but not main focus, and no fun at all, just work.

This character was only a study for testing TorQ tutorial and some techniques I had learned recently, but I think I will use it in a more ambitious project, as it has turned very well, at least for my skills.

new update :

• attached hands, they fit my ref picts but I wonder if they are not a bit too long ?
  • tweaked back of head, neck, shoulders, changed head position (very little)
  • changed feet and knees
  • tweaked the butt a little
  • started to add details in the back

still to do :

• work on hips
  • rib cage details
  • rework too pronounced collar bone
  • arm pitt area
  • redo ear
  • redo big toe wich looks as if an elephant had step on it
  • add eye balls and face details

comments and critics ?

AO render:
http://jlp.nerim.net/wip/doyen-corps-7.png

Looking really good, but the hands seem a bit on the flat side. i think they need some more roundness, and maybe exagerate the knuckles of the index and middle finger somewhat.

Iagree with your thought that thehandsare (sorry,screwed uo spacebar) too long. Ithinkthey be just a little shorter.

The space between the fingers shouldn’t be like that, maybe if they are spread out yes, but when they are straight like that, they should be close.

Usually when you straighten your fingers out, the middle two are close together, but the end two stick out to the side a bit.

thanks for all comments.

Progress were slow today.

Modron I tried to round a little the hand as shortening them. It is very sensitive as they become manly very soon. Note that the posture is unnatural and I checked they look much better with fingers a little bend

Almost finished back and rib cage

Base texture render :
http://jlp.nerim.net/wip/doyen-corps-8.png

Wow that looks a lot better with the new texture.

I am really impressed with how good this looks i really like it.

Cough !!!

this particular one has no texture !
Simply base color + more spec and reinforced shadows to sculpt more the volumes. Much less realistic but easier to work with.

It’s true that the texture I show earlier is good on the head and bust but should (and will) be scaled down to fit on full body. As you move the camera back, the features must blend more.

I am really impressed with how good this looks i really like it.

thanks. Not yet where I want to get it, and if you want to be really impressed, look at Shadowman work (Superman and Casta), not mine.

Meanwhile, back, hips and collar bone done I think.

http://jlp.nerim.net/wip/doyen-corps-9.png

I think I’m done with body modelling, here is the result.

this is only midly detailled (5,3 k vertices), but I want to rig and pose her

Still work to do on the head :

• ears

• eyes

• adding somme expressions lines and details

• add some costume

• texture will be based on the one shown earlier

Please comment & critic

http://jlp.nerim.net/wip/doyen-corps-10.png

can you have her jump up and down :smiley:

With the kind of outfit I plan, it wont give the effect you are looking for :wink:

This should be the final model. ears and eyes redone.

Now I need to pose her, figure how to do hairs and add some costume.

Please comment and critic the model. Unless I get some valuable input, I will consider it as final.

http://jlp.nerim.net/wip/doyen-corps-11.png
http://jlp.nerim.net/wip/doyen-corps-12.png

The hands have shown improvement. I’d suggest pulling a vert down to form some web between the thumb and index finger. It’s the first thing I see when I look ant your hand.

Otherwise, if you choose to animate now, you have a nice model. Good luck.

There’s something a bit strange about her head, visible especially in the middle view. It seems too tapered at the back, maybe it should be a tiny bit rounder along the back sides… or maybe hair will cover it up… other than that, awesome model.