Female nude NSFW WIP

Hi! damn I should be here more than I am ^^

May I humbly request some crit on my female? :slight_smile:

Only got a sss material on her atm going to start working on a texture and skin material soon enough, the modelling part is more or less done in my eyes but I will make a few adjustments for the head I think. I would appreciate it a lot if someone knows and mention a nice eye and or skin-texture tutorial.

She is on 14,1k quads(no triangles ;)) and we have a budget of 15k, so I will add some nails later on I think. She is also supposed to be around 30 years old

And of course the pictures!

I did have a couple of more images to show but I was not allowed for more urls… oh well! :eyebrowlift2:

Problems may be because I did not use any reference except for the feets.

Thanks for reading!

Um posting the eyes and some hair too :slight_smile:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4363930/wireframehead.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4363930/hairyhairss.png

Atm I can’t find anything about her… Awesome job =)!

Happy Blending!
Acro

Looks like a great start! Judging from these pictures, the eyes seem a little bit high.
For an eye material, you can take a look at this sintel blogpost soenke created a nice eye material which you can take a look at :slight_smile: gl!

nice :slight_smile: modeling and topology looks good :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot! will make sure to make the changes this weeks to be updated! :smiley:

hmm.

“Problems may be because I did not use any reference except for the feets.”

First: Use some reference. After you’ve made dozens of models, you might find less need for it, but right now, you should be studying some anatomy reference. The things that stick out to me: Shoulders seem strange, torso is too large (too deep especially), proportions are inconsistent (short thighs, long abdomen), Knees don’t seem right, calves bow the wrong way, hands look like they may need significant work, head proportions are off (eyes too high/small, face too long, ears too big, cranium not correct), overall muscle and bone definition looks too much like guesswork.

Second: your poly count seems quite high. Sacrifice a little quad-purity if you have to, but get rid of some of those extraneous edge loops (the hands! The temples! The loops beneath the ribs!) Additionally, you might want to try and even out poly distribution more… having a bunch of skinny polys next to a bunch of big polys will contribute to texturing difficulties and stretching later. Try and pare it down to half of what you have now (arbitrary number) – even if you can’t make it, you’ll have extra room to add detail when you go to add clothes/etc. Note that lower poly counts will help you more easily achieve correct proportions, so work on both items here!

Good luck, Sorry to seem harsh…

Not harsh at all! Thanks! :slight_smile: I am aware of a bit more than 50% of what you said and it is on my to do list. (for example arms and leggs was made without much thought)

Will start doing some more tonight and might give you an update then :slight_smile:

So Cheers!^^

Sorry for the delay!

Have had too much other stuff to do but here is an update :slight_smile:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4363930/ufaceupdate.png

Hi Spiderspy, looks like you are doing a pretty good job so far, but i notice that there is a lack of definition around the back of the head, since it is not clear where the sternomastoid and traps attach to the back of the head and the spaces they occupy.
Keep it up

Oh snap! Thanks a lot! I forgot about the muscle when I was putting it together and accidentally destroyed that edge loop with the muscle :frowning: I had it on the head model before sigh.

About the back of the neck, I guess I will have to look into it more :smiley:

Thanks!

Allo Spiderspy, I was wondering if you could so some close up shots of the head. Front and profile as the curve of the neck from the back as well as where the back of the head ends is a little odd, though I really need to see it give further critique. (What I’m noticing is that it appears that the back of the head ends a little too high and the curve of the neck begins too early.

Really sorry for taking so long, but I have had a lot of other work to do. I have fixed some with the head I think and put on a few dummy textures.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4363930/realisticchar2.jpg

Well, you’ve reached the really hard part now… the part where you have to transcend the Uncanny Valley. The lower eyelids look misshapen, and I think the irises may be too large. Additionally the ears seem a bit large, and the upper part of the skull (where the brain is) seems to small both in width (when seen from the front) and in back. Still, I think this seems to be going well in most areas. Keep up the good work.

Hi Spiderspy, as PlantPerson said her ears are bit big. The end of the ears should be about the same level where the nostril is. Her big toe is a bit too fat and long and her cranium is kinda narrow looking. Study more on your anatomy and you’ll find more things to help you improve her look. :wink:

edit: Dang, this forum has some cool looking smileys. lol