Fender Guitar

Getting close to done with the modelling of this fancy guitar. then I will apply some paint and funky lighting.

Attachments

The model looks good.
the lack of a tremolo whammy bar & the bottom plate that holds it is obvious at this point. (standard for all strats)
Also traditionally when customizing a strat, the twin pickups go to the back, not the front.(unless you put one at the back also)
Great work otherwise.
m.a.

It must be one of those Japanese copies or something. A “Hondo” maybe.

finished the modelling ( except for the ends of the strings ).

Attachments

Really nice modelling. One of the better guitars i have seen.

Really nice modelling, but I second that comment about the placement of the humbucker. It looks a little weird there.
… also you’re missing a machine head, and the sloped section on the body (opposite the jack, where the player’s arm normally rests) that’s a standard feature on a strat isn’t there either.

yeah I totally spaced the sloping part, I may have to radically alter the topology.

added the sloping bit, also a reflection, and I am now considering different finishes. I want to steer away from the typical flame colored finish, just to be different. I kind of like this blue version, so far.

Attachments

Looking sweet!
Last bit of criticism: what’s with the five machine heads on a six string?
And also, I changed my mind about the humbucker in the kneck position, it may not be standard, but it would sound good!

hehe, I wondered why you mentioned the machine head, now I see it, lol. I will correct that right away.

great modeling work modron. i’m no expert but am a big fan of the fender lineup- couple of points re: fender strats

• some say the ‘strat’ is the perfect quitar. it takes work to play, is not that forgiving, but may be the most played guitar out there
    -not all are fitted with a whammy bar - yours is a ‘hard tail’ design
    -the standard 3 pickup/single coil setup can be modified in any combination to include ‘humbuckers’. no position would be wrong
  • the sloping surfaces would be called contours
    nice :slight_smile: