Ferrari 250 Gt SWB California

nice, looking good!

yes, I’m sure this was a quick project :smiley: good job anyway

This is really good for a “quick project”! You sure know what you’re doing. I’m working on a car and spent literally hours yesterday on the outside rear view mirror alone. Now I’m stuck trying to figure out how to cut a round gas fill cap out of a curved, creased surface without totally messing up the surrounding surface, while maintaining the crease in the gas cap…

Very nice progress so far, looking great already. I am also planning to use quixel for partially texturing my car, but I am not experienced a lot in using this software.

Thanks everyone! Quick indeed. :smiley:
Newest renders. The interior is getting there.

Attachments

Trying Blender 2.79 new shadow catcher. Easy to use and works great! Finally!

Attachments

I love your paintjob! Could you maybe post a node setup?

Interior about done.
Some post work in Lightroom.

Attachments

Beautiful and extraordinary work. Love it. Just a qestion. Is there some place (tutorial, type of work) where/at which you can learn, or develop your unwraping skills (more complex stuff like body of a car, …)? Your’s seem to be very good and its been my Achilles heel when it comes to work.

There seem to be lack of quality unwrap tutorials. Many are just for simple objects. Don’t know how the things are these days.
I learned by doing a lot of unwrapping. How to hide seams and how to avoid pinching in uv’s. Try to unwrap different objects and see how uv’s behave with different seams. I usually don’t stich anything afterwards or try to modify the unwrapped uv’s on the uv editor. Just place the seams so that the uv won’t deform too much and pack the uv’s tight so you get most out of the uv pixels for texturing.
Hope this helps!