Ferrari 288 GTO

I’ve changed my mind. I had to start on a new project, a Ferrari 288 GTO, a really beautyful car. This is what I got after a few hours.

Tell me what you think!

Attachments

Double thread, post in this one please!

looks clean so far :slight_smile:

Looks very nice so far!

I have one question! What technique do you use for the modelling?? Starting up from a single plane? Or do you use curves or something like this? Because the wires look kind of smoothed up and curved. My wires look really sharpen (except the render where I have the subsurf modifier and set smooth). I am pretty new to this kind of stuff and 3D modelling in general, so I don’t know if there is something like modelling with curves?

Here’s my latest car, just finished:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=189605
What do you think about it?

I’ll be watching this thread, your works look reallyyyyy great! :slight_smile:

Khnum, thank you!

Tomo83, thank you too.

The car is modeled out of polys, and yes, I started with a plane. The only reason why the wires looks smoothed, is because I chose “Optimal draw” under the subsurf settings window. I’m not very good at modeling with curves, the technique is not very good in blender either.
Geep up your good work, I like your Audi, and your materials are great!

Thanks for watching my thread :slight_smile:

yay, i like cars :slight_smile:

Me too :slight_smile:

Updating, yeah I know, there are a few not very nice spots. I’ll fix them.

Attachments

Some minor fixes.

Attachments

Looking sweet. I like the old school ferrari’s a lot. I will be looking forward to your progress as usual :slight_smile:

It looks very realistic to mee^^
great job!

Thanks for following me guys. Tomorrow, I’ll get up north in Sweden, and wont be back until 12th July. See you then! Until then, good luck with your blending!

Outstanding work so far. Your wires for this model are surprisingly clean. Have fun in Sweden!

I’m alreasy in Sweden. I live in Sweden. But I’ll go to north Sweden. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your comment!

Wow! Looks great so far. The 288 GTO is a good choice.

Magnum would be proud…

Nice work so far!

:slight_smile:

Some retopologing…

Attachments

Some more work on the mesh flow and minor details.

Attachments

More details.

Attachments

You need to make a tutorial! Where do you get your reference images?

http://the-blueprints.com/

The best blueprint site I know.