Ferrari F12 berlinetta

hello BA,
i am modelling an farreari f12. and i thought to share the progress.
these are my scene setups

here is the first modelling progress.
this took me 40 minutes

i am also recording timelapses of my modelling as i go on. so maybe you could expect an time lapse soon.

modeled front bumper and some of the side body.

Looks like a great start! :slight_smile:

Few things:
-Avoid using triangles
-The hood and the front bumper should be continuous. From your pic it looks like the bumper has slightly more decreasing angle

Anyway good luck, love the car :slight_smile:

completed the front bumper. and also fixed some topology

finished with the doors.

Looks quite trickey to model but so far so good. :yes:

finished with the side body and the roof.

wire frame

finished the rear body.

wire frame

onto the side view mirrors. only done the body, not the support. will model the support when modeled the glass.

wire frame. ignore the ovelapping lines. maybe that"S a bug.

onto the carbon fiber body parts. finished with the rear area of it.

also i am onto the small details of the body like door handle depression.

wire frame

question post. how do you fill in these spaces between two parts of the body.

please reply.

Do you know what an edge loop is?

When you understand how it works, do it to the body part next to the door so it gets closer to the door.

LOL that’s not what i meant. i meant the extruded in spaces there are between two parts of the body. maybe this image explains what i am talking about.

Thanks great idea.

Extrude back to give some depth, or you could use a solidify modifier - prefer the extruding method myself. Make sure you create a floor and other parts as needed to block off light-flow.

Extrude back to give some depth, or you could use a solidify modifier - prefer the extruding method myself. Make sure you create a floor and other parts as needed to block off light-flow.

It’s hard to critique your posts as they are a little too low res; I think I’ve spotted a couple of areas that may need some attention, but hard to be sure.

thanks for the advice, i followed the solidify modifier one. because in other cars i took the extrude and it didn’t look good in the renders.hope that solidify works as it looks pretty good to me from the viewport.
and please feel free to post or critique anything.

So i have finished the body and giving it some render tests to find out all the mesh mistakes.
here are the renders
front and back view

and here’s the rear view

please comment and tell if you spot any faults in the mesh.

there are some highlighted areas :wink: maybe with higher level of subsurf it will disappear
but looks really great!

Attachments