Ferrari F12 berlinetta

thank you, i investigated and found out that they were due to smooth shading. and i have solved it by some loopcuts and fixing the normals.

almost finished with the car body and other exterior components.
glass is finished and also the side view mirror.

the side view mirror:

the glass body:

headlights interior done. it’s not very precise as in the blueprint there were no locations of the parts inside. but this is the best I’ve done with the help of references and images

also modeled the Ferrari signature

Great job; headlights are usually some combination of what you describe. :slight_smile:

completed the most feared part.
THE REAR LIGHTS

Ferrari horse finished done with curves

also the normal map. i am uploading it because i found no images for a normal map on the net, thought it might help somebody

i snapped one of the frame in one of the Ferrari videos (intros mainly) and then made a normal map out of it.

i’m liking the first one, it gives it more of that classic ferrari red to me, even though the second one is pretty good but it looks a tad too bright, whereas i wouldn’t use the last oen because then it looks too metalic.

-AJ

I agree…the first one is the best :wink:

thanks @bohy and @wolfrain844
although for my opinions i like the last one best, because it gives more shade(if that makes sense)
any way i took the suggested materials and my favorite material and gave a test render to compare.

above: the material suggested by @bohy and @wolfrain844
vs

which one do you think suits the car more?
anyway, my search for the best carpaint shader will continue. in the meantime. enjoy the model progress.
interiors to be modeled next.

Check this one :smiley:

hey , thanks for reminding me of that shader, i will experiment with it for some time though.
nice blend

interior progress.
basic dashboard
basic seats
nice steering

today, nice steering

interiors will be more textured than modeled(if that makes sense).

the suggested material has more of a showroom feel. the steering wheel is looking pretty good so far. the seats i think provide the most character though.

some more progress on the interior. finished with the seats and also some key features of the interior.

seats

also the full interior

let me know if you think i should do some more progress in the interior.
now to make all the wheels and engine and second layer stuff.

If the interior is meant to be just a place-holder then I guess it should be fine, but if you want to go for some shots showing the interior in its full beauty, or even partly then it would need a lot more work and attention for detail.

interior is meant as a placeholder. i modeled some details because i will do some back shots and interior should seem like there’s stuff in it.
not the hollow cars.

THE RIMS
i completed the rims. nothing else to say.

tires and treads finished. i am very close to completing the model.
now all that is left is disk brakes and theirs disks. disk brake to be modeled from scratch as Ferrari offers a very different shape.
anyway here are the snaps of tires and treads.

and with the car.

any comments?

Some people model the brake discs out of splines but I don’t do that because you can’t get the detail you want, plus the disc ends up with a load of 3 side faces that doesn’t necessarily create problems because it’s on a flat surface, however it’s nice to sit back and look at your all-quads-brake-disc.

did you test maybe shader? or no? looking for some renders :smiley: