few question about movement and physics

I was wondering if you guy had the problem to choose between force or Dloc for a character movement. can you tell me what was your choice and why ?

I have second question about how stop the force when the button is not pressed instead of waiting the force decrease.

and the last is if you know what is the use of changing physic ticrate ?

To answer your first question, the choice between force and dLoc is not clear. In a basic sense (no python), force works better in some situations (objects that accelerate). But say, for a FPS, I would prefer dLoc.

To answer your second question, I believe when you use dLoc, the release of the keyboard key stops the motion.

I’m sure there are many uses for changing the physics ticrate. One might be to speed up a game by having everything evaluated less often, reducing loads on the hardware. I won’t claim to know much of anything about the physics ticrate though.

1- dloc motion will not account for any gravity, damp / rotdamp, Fh or any other passive motion caused by manipulation of the physics of your object or its surroundings. Force will.

2- equal and opposite application of force (that’s physics, buddy)

3- not so sure, haven’t played with that yet.

Lefty

(and the last is if you know what is the use of changing physic ticrate ?)
I know there’s some python function
GameLogic.setLogicTicRate(ticRate)
Sets how many times per second the logic bricks are checked. The default is 60 times per second (60 Hz)

ticRate:
Type: float number

Sample Code:

set the logic tic rate to 30

GameLogic.setLogicTicRate(30.0)

GameLogic.setPhysicsTicRate(ticRate)

Sets how many times per second the scene’s physics are being updated. The default is 60 times per second (60 Hz)

ticRate:
Type: float number

Sample Code:

set the physics tic rate to 120

GameLogic.setPhysicsTicRate(120.0)

and it might help to lighten the fps a bit but I didnt try it yet