Fiend of Chaos

Really awesome, would like to see somesort of overview or your workflow.

Final outcome is outstanding, though there is so much detail that it is hard to get a clear picture of the guy at first glance. I’d maybe lessen detailing on some parts and make stronger focus on the head area as its the part which humans usually connect with. Anyway superb job!

Thank you! yeah I am getting those remarks on the axe. I need to get better with designing. Also in fantasy art there is a lot of exaggeration. But you are right that it also needs to be believable too.

Thank you!
The right amount of detail in the right places is definitely a skill I need to work on to know how to direct the eye throughout the sculpture.

In my workflow I make a dyntopo maquette of the overall design. After that I plan how to prepare the objects and rough them in. Then I set up the lights and visualize how the sculpt will look in the end. On sculpting you have to have a lot of faith in what you are doing because the beginning might discourage as the sculpt in the initial stages looks very funny (see the initial wip images). After that I go in and fine detail all objects, always reviewing the realtime GLSL render as I go.