Figured out how to use povray and blender.

(blenderage) #1

Ive finally figured out how to make a good atmosphere in povray, all you have to do is put your model in a room of some sort. Anyway this is a dodge viper, ever since I started blender it was my goal to make a really good one and I think this isnt bad.
http://mysite.iptic.com/blenderage/viper2.jpg (without photoshop twiddling)

Http://mysite.iptic.com/blenderage/viper3.jpg (with twiddling)

Ive statred work on adding more detail to the scenelike a door spanners on the floor etc and I need to figure out how to use that material design interface thingy so I can use bump maps and make my floor and walls better.

(iluvblender) #2

nice image. bump maps sure will enhance the scene. lookin forward to it.

always wondered about the integration of blender and povray.

satish.

(EnV) #3

Blenderage wrote:

Ive finally figured out how to make a good atmosphere in povray, all you have to do is put your model in a room of some sort.

Please, could you explain better what do you mean by this?

Env

(wewa_juicyb) #4

Just a little suggestion, COULD YOU PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE TIRES?! :smiley: I really don’t like the way they look. Maybe you could mesh-model them? I don’t know what it is about them but… they hurt my eyes 8) . The rest of the picture is great though. Glad to see that there are people who like using POVray with Blender (there are probably more I just haven’t met them…).

WeWa

(digitalSlav) #5

first off the model needs to be cleaned up a little like the arc around the back tire and crease between the front quarter pannel and the door… although a better camera angle could fix this. and yes there is something funny about the tires maybe make them a tad shinier so they have some sort of light on them.

(blenderage) #6

yeah i dont like the tires either, I tried putting some treads with a texture but without bump maps they look tacky, I know there’s a tutorial on J m solers website but I get errors every time I try to export it. Does anyone know what you have to do make it work? I turn the reflection off on hte tires becuase I dont know how to use the material design interface so iff i put reflection on hte tires the become super shiny. The creases are becuase of triangles and subsurfs dont like them there is a hotkey to turn triangles to quads but I can find it in the guide. (i know quads to triangles is Ctrl-T).

What I meant by the putting it in a room was the this means your spotlight or whatever bounces of the walls to give a more realistic lighting atmosphere.

Thanks for the feedback :smiley:

(digitalSlav) #7

been fiddling myself - how do you get it so that everything with a material assigned doesn’t have reflections? i can either make everything or nothing but nothing in between :frowning: and does it support smesh at all?

(blenderage) #8

Yeah you can use S-meshes, if you want a material not to have a reflection you have to change the Mir R value.

(digitalSlav) #9

any words of wisdom when using a bump map? - i applied it in blender and exported it (for a grip on a metal flashlight) and it rendered the uv mapped texture instead of being just a bump map.