file output problem

Hey,
I have a problem with outputting single frames with blender and I’m not sure if I’ve set something wrong or if it is a bug.

Everytime I try to render a single file to disk using either the render button or f12 the render starts but no matter what folder I specified in the output section I’m not getting a rendered file. Also //render for example won’t create a subfolder and output a file there. I’ve unchecked Compositor and Sequencer in the Post-Processing section and even unchecked use nodes in the Compositor. But no luck.
On the other hand I can Export the rendered frame within the UV/Image Editor but if I want to use a Multi Layer OpenExr that isn’t an option.

Now I’ve tried to render 1 frame (Frame Range 1-1) Animation with the same settings and Blender creates the render subfolder and outputs the desired format.
I’m not sure why Blender behaves like that and if I did something wrong in the first place, if it should work like that or if I found a bug.
I use the 64bit Windows version

Thanks for your help

The output folder location is for Animations only (read its tooltip)
For single images after rendering use F3 or the Image / Save as Image menu entry of the render window so save the rendered image.

On the other hand I can Export the rendered frame within the UV/Image Editor but if I want to use a Multi Layer OpenExr that isn’t an option.
If you render a ML Exr fiel you can save as that from the menu entry or F3 as a state above

:slight_smile: Never read this tooltip.
This explains a lot. Thank you for your help