'Fill' the meshes with solid volumetric

Hi,

I would like to see cross sections of my model, and wonder if a volumetric setup could produce a solid look (no transparency, absorption or glow; just a full diffuse color) and be applied to a large number of meshes.

Ideally I should be able to see this kind of thing from the full body:

The boolean require too much calculation to stay reactive with the complexity of the model:

Following this tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBAB3ciBQqk), I see that a volume can adapt to a complex mesh, although I’d rather not add an empty and turn the inner part of the mesh directly fully opaque.

I guess that if nobody shares information about it, it is because it is not an option for the moment; but I need to ask the question, to be sure.

I hope I have understood correctly.
You can try a function in BlenderBIM called Section Planes.

It is exactly what I was looking for.
Thank you very much!

I installed the add-on and see that it implies a specific type of ‘Industry Foundation Classes’ (.ifc) file.

Do you think that it would be possible to use only the part with the cross-section planes within a .blend file?

I think that it is in this part of the script:
BIM-Section_plane.py (11.1 KB)

I see that somebody made a paid addon for it (Dynamic Slice and Cap Add-On 1.1), but it can not be used for the atlas that is entirely free.

Not for the Section Planes.

I don’t know, but you can ask in the forum

3D Viewport must be in Material or Rendered Mode.

1 Like