Finally Built A New Computer! (Specs)

Hey everyone, been thinking of doing this for over a year. But I finally have started building my computer. I have two more parts coming in the mail and it will be done.
I wanted to share a few of the specs for it with you guys and see what you think.
This is my Case. It’s an NZXT Phantom:

Intel i7 Processor 3.4GHz
ASRock Z77 Extreme6 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
32GB of RAM
128gb SSD
1tb hdd
GeForce 560ti 2GB video card
And I’m going to be running Windows 8 (I know, but I want to give it a try. Maybe it won’t be to horrible. :o )

If you have any questions about it let me know.
Overall it cost me about $1600 for the whole thing. Thanks for checking!
Inferno

That is one sweet looking case, love it!

What about the CPU, is it an i7 Ivy Bridge chip or is it one of the 6 core Sandy Bridge models?

32 gigs of RAM will indeed get you a long way in terms of how complex you can make a Blender scene (assuming you use CPU-based rendering as the GPU cannot use it).

Looks like a nice machine. I presume you’re using the SSD for the OS, but I’ve heard a few times that they’re not nearly as reliable as HDDs. Have you or anyone else experienced this? Also, did you get a larger PSU, or just what you need now?

W8 is great; nice specs too.

I went with a 120GB SSD for my OS when I built my system almost two years ago and I haven’t had any issues so far. It’s been performing really well.

Hey guys! Thanks for the comments. Been busy putting this beast together! It’s just an i7. I don’t think Ivy Bridge or Sandy are out yet for the i7. I may be mistaken.

I got a 900W PSU, so I believe it should do the trick.

From what I’ve heard the SSD is pretty reliable for OS boot drives.

If the specs. on the box say 3rd generation i7, then it is an Ivy Bridge chip. Intel comes out with new i7s every year or so using the latest architecture (its just the name used for their performance chips).