Finally there... a bike!

from WIP to here. I made it. All parts are in place and a bike is born :).

I will add background, mood, a brand and so on, but the bike is in a state where I would like to get some focused critiques before continuing.

I have now used blender for about 8 months and still feel like rookie, but I can handle constructive critique so just fire away :D.

Since I have concentrated on the modelling part (not textures… just used simple shaders) focus your feedback in that area.

All done in Blender Cycles. First image about 2 500 samples.

A really low sample (<500) just to show some details.

I have added two more close ups below, so you can look more closely at the details as well. They are not rendered to look good, so still very few samples.

I don’t have an exact reference but seems like the proportions are overall right.
I would improve the whole brakes handle assembly and the sprocket.
What is for the chain coming out of the rear hub?

Hi, thanks for the feedback @mik1190.

As for the frame I used this reference:

but since I had a hard time figure the gear construction out on the 2d image I exchanged that part to this ref image:

where you can see the construction of chains from the rear hub, old version of three gear bicycle.

I will try to improve the handle and the sprocket, but can you specify what bothers you the most on those part?

Other parts I have simplified or changed from the origin. The wheels I did before using a ref image for example.

I will try to improve the handle and the sprocket, but can you specify what bothers you the most on those part?

The edges can be more defined, squared.

Other parts I have simplified

If you want to complicate some things you can try adjusting the wheel spokes :wink: :

I think your metal materials look very good.
Could you post some wireframe images, always interested to see how things are constructed.

very nice. as i look, there are three things that stand out.

1. the chain is missing the bearings. (they ride on the pins)
  2. the sprockets need that exact shape inverted to complete them.
  3. and some gravity issues with the chain.

over all, beautiful piece :wink: