I am new to Blender and I find it hard to find a good structure to the addon I want to create, can you help me ?
Addon’s explanation :
- Input is a mesh in edit mode (object name has to be “skull”).
- I create a mesh named “topo_filling” and variables (integers) “X” and “Y” I need later.
- Interactive thing (manipulating “topo_filling” mesh), two buttons in toolshelf :
- Button “apply” : before clicking, user has to deplace one vertex only (how to check that?), I’ll name it “VERTEX_C”. When clicking apply button, lots of calculs are done (takes time), topo_filling mesh is modified and user gets to see the result.
- Button “save” : if user is satisfied with the result seen with apply button, when clicking save button, vertex “VERTEX_C” is fixed meaning it cannot be deplaced anymore (how to?) and “X” and “Y” variables are changed (how to manipulate these variables in the script ? Global variables?)
I read tutorials so I know the basics (class operator, class panel, draw, register, invoke, execute, …) but I’m still lost in all this, which classes to create, where to create topo_filling mesh and variables X and Y, how to check if topo_filling is changed, …
Thank you ^^