FIre Baking

Is the fire baking a bit dodgy in 2.8? Or do you just have to rebake it? I’ve got a fire sim from 2.79, baked all the physics and it’s fine, but when i open it in 2.8 (i wanted to test E-Cycles) the fire and smoke trails are there, but they’re not in the right place - higher and further across than in 2.79. hard to tell other details as there’s bit grey circles obscuring things :-/

It looks like your fire simulation has been scaled up.
I think that exchange of smoke sim between 2.79 and 2.80 is not supposed to be safe, yet.

The big grey dots are looking like particles in 2.80.
It should be particles that you used in this explosion. They just have a big size.

thanks for the info, i’ll try a rebake under 2.8 and see what happens.

can’t get it to work at all. Rebaked in 2.8, particles were still not acting right, had a look at the domain, applied Scale and it shrunk the domain cube to the default size rather than applying the size it was at. went back to the 2.79 version, applied Scale, saved, loaded into 2.8 and it’s loaded up default size :-/
Edit - shows the default size in Object view only, Edit shows the normal/proper resized size, but obviously the small size in Object view is messing up the particles when i run.