Fire Dragon Egg - 3D Printable Digital Sculpture for Tabletop Games - Turntable rendered with Eevee

Hello friends.

After a small break I’ve sculpted a new model in 3D-Coat. The animation is setuped and rendered in Blender 2.8. My first real test using Eevee for my renderings. The quality has really increased a lot.

This is the first model of an upcoming sculpting series for fans of 3D Printing an Tabletop games. Drop me a line if you have questions.

Best wishes
Chris

Eevee render result. 128 samples:

Turntable animation using 500 frames at 50 f/s. Completely rendered in about 15 minutes with Eevee! A great time saver.

1 Like

Ok friends. I’m productive… the next one.

By the way: I love Blender and do the most of my work with it, but use other tools too.
So if you think I have to stop posting my 3DCoat sculptings here, then drop me a line. No problem and I would understand it.

Best wishes
Chris

Eevee rendering:

Base Turntable rendered in Eevee (500 Frames in Full HD in just 18 Minutes…)

1 Like

I’m productive…

Eevee Render

Turntable

1 Like

nice work,
how much time will it take to be printed, ? i mean it looks so detaild !!!

Thank you.

I don’t have a 3D printer myself but I have worked as a lead artist in a company that use several 3D printers for prototyping.

There are several factors that control the printing time of a 3D model. And it’s not the model details.
The most important factors in my opinion are:

1. Size (Material Volume)
  2. The printers print resolution

About point 1: The more printing material is used for a model, the longer it needs to be printed and the higher the material costs.
About point 2: The lower the printers actual printing resolution, he faster the printing session, but the worse the result. It works the same like paper prints. Fine print resolution needs more time.

If you want good results for really small objects you should look for printers or printing services who are offering resolutions below 200 microns (0.2 mm). Better are services who are offering 100 microns or less.
But the same here: The higher the resolution the more expansive it is and the kind of material plays a role too. A gold print will always be more expansive… :slight_smile:

When I’m ready with my complete model set I will send some assets to shapeways and show you the print results here.

Best wishes
Chris

It’s going on…
Before you ask: I’ve planned ten of them.

Eevee rendered still image

Eevee turntable

The last one. I’ve decided to make five bases for now. Hope you had some fun watching them.
Let’s see what will come next… :slight_smile:

Eevee rendered still image

Eevee turntable