My first piece of work in a while
Hi, the basic shape is recognizable,
but the screws look too thin. Give them a brighter material and make them slightly bigger.
Also the connections doesn’t look quite functional. Some different materials may help to improve them.
Also you have a slight uv-map error on the cylinder, maybe the subsurf option is not enabled for uv map?
Thanks for the advice!
I’ve made the screws bigger(not rendering till i check everything) and i think i solved the uv problem in the middle. What i don’t get is what you mean by connection. Please explain.
I mean the part, where you attach the tubing:
there is a visible space between these parts (as you can see especially on the left side, and it got hex heads for accessibility )
This is the same image with the opacity on the hard light colorized hue/saturation layer in photoshop set to hire opacity. What do you think?
Perhaps you can tell us something about your plan for this piece. At the moment it isn’t clear what you want to achieve and therefore it isn’t easy to comment something. Why do you present your work in such a blurry way? It’s hard to see anything
Sorry about that i’ll get rid of the radial blur About what the scene’s trying to achieve I’m just trying to make a scene where the focal point is the fire hydrant. Maybe i’ll add some street lights in the background. Also i’m trying to go for a night timey look which is why why i’m using the hue/sat layer in ps.
the nuts have to touch the surface, otherwise the connection does not look believable.
good progress on the nuts and chains so far. But perhaps show us some clay renders without effects. There we can see the detail without the textures. Right now it is hard to tell
Here’s a good tutorial that deals specifically with a fire hydrant and using it for a game asset.
Here it is with higher glossiness
@GLakie thanks for the tut!
I’ve decided to go back to normal amount of glossiness