Fire magic thingy with ancient latin stuff.....

(Riskbreaker) #1

What do you fellas think?

(Note: its pretty big)

Fire Magic

(Bapsis) #2

Heya,
Nice work there, i can almost see what it would look like animated, with the fire climbing upwards in that spherical shape with the latin words revolving around and through it.
Very cool, is that %100 blender? Anywayz, nice stuff. :wink:

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

(rogerm3d) #3

Very Nice.
Bapsis: Love the idea of the animation of it.

For the fire is that just a sphere with a fire texture and transparency applied? Lot of pinching and the bottom and top of the sphere.
Whatever it is it looks pretty cool :stuck_out_tongue:

(Riskbreaker) #4

Thanks fellas, yeah its pure blender, no additives no preservatives :smiley: .

And, yep, its just a UV sphere with a jpeg colour map set to “flat” and transparency. For that reason, all i can proabaly animate is the fire propagating upwared, i’d have to think up of something to make a fire-motion while it moves to the top of the sphere. Any ideas? I’d love to animate this thing.

The latin chant i can animate alright.

-RISKBREAKER

(Grimmis) #5

[quote=“RISKBREAKER”]What do you fellas think?

(Note: its pretty big)

Looks really good.

(stephen2002) #6

looks interesting. The text swirles add a lot of depth, but I can’t quite see what it is saying. Is it in English?

(Riskbreaker) #7

Is it in English?

No, actually, its in ancient latin…At least i think it is.

Translated it means something like “Fated Children, burn the evil world” or something like that. No, Im not a pyromaniac 8) I just thought some ancient latin stuff sounds better with these sort of things, you know how you hear those soundtracks in movies with the gothic singing that you can always understand but you know they’ve got to be saying something like “kill him” :-?

(S68) #8

Very nice,

Your fire texture looks impressive

Stefano

(ed26) #9

its latin all right. from what i can see i recognized the words ‘burn’ ‘world’ and ‘free’. i cant clearly make out the other words, but it looks right to me. so you dont have to fear about looking like an idiot or anything assuming its latin.