fire particle shows on 3d viewport but not render.. what happen?

I added halo material on second mesh for basketball ball to show glow. I also tried to add emitter fire on the same mesh by using particle system. I animate it looks like throwing ball with fire into air and goes into hoop. I follow every steps on some varies tutorials. On 3D viewport shows particles moves but on render shows only glow but not fire even render turns on. Obviously, I missed something. see my thumbnails that look like… :confused: help me…http://youtu.be/ts-dxKqstTw

Attachments

I added halo material on second mesh for basketball ball to show glow. I also tried to add emitter fire on the same mesh by using particle system. I animate it looks like throwing ball with fire into air and goes into hoop. I follow every steps on some varies tutorials. On 3D viewport shows particles moves but on render shows only glow but not fire even render turns on. Obviously, I missed something. see my thumbnails that look like… :confused: help me…http://youtu.be/ts-dxKqstTw

[ATTACH=CONFIG]212873[/ATTACH]

did you add a material to your particles? are you using the smoke/flame sim. we cant give proper answers without knowing all the details, post a .blend files for us to look over

@ Small troll-yes i add a material to my particle. You asked me if i am using the smoke/flame sim. I just figured out that dont think so because I thought particle and sim are the same. I am wrong…I just found the right tutorial of intro. to particles lesson 10. I can go through to learn how to do before i work on this again. I went to advanced tutorial but it gets messy around here. Sorry for early post it here. :spin:

no problem :slight_smile: part of the fun is figuring it all out.

Yes it is :slight_smile:

so how did your tutorial go, do you have success with your project yet?

well, the intro to particles part 1 and 2 and smoke particle tutorials went very well. Unfortuntely on the Smoke simulation tutorial video explains that I follow up. I realized this video was blender 2.63. I use 2.64 that I set up the simple stack model and smoke plane by using particle settings and physics settings. On domain cube as smoke by physics settings. I clicked to check the “Smoke High Resolution” panel and "divisions"at 3 under Resolution cause my domain cube into black surface even it is wireframe shading. I was not able to see the smoke from smoke plane that lift up. On the viewport of smoke plane shows smoke particle lift up through domain cube in blender 2.63. I wonder how can i fix to get off the black on it while wireframe shading in 2.64? any clue?

Hmm 2.64? i seem to recall having a few headaches using the smoke sim with that version. what i would suggest, dowonload the new 2.65 as the smoke sim has been totally upgraded and now, has adaptive domain, smoke from mesh (no need for a particle setup) automatic flame settings, and adjustable colour setting for the smoke.

tutorial for above demo Here requires 2.65

your problem may just be a simple case of not having your materials set right.
this link takes you to the author of the smoke sims web page, it si written for 2.5 version but i had some success with it in 2.64 http://www.miikahweb.com/en/articles/blenderfire

really? thank for these links but i readed the note from Blender annouced that Blender 2.65 has not full mirror for USA,yet. I wonder will it works if I download it that has not full mirror? more than that, i can try to use author of the smoke sim webpage tutorial on 2.5 for 2.64 if you suggest me not use blender 2.65 for USA dues to not full mirror…

i dont know what you mean by full mirror, as far as i know the mirror options work fine. if you mean the download itself just download from blender.org website, many U.S people on this site using 2.65 without problems.

ok, i can download it today and will let you how process i do with the smoke sim. :smiley:

I downloaded 2.65a today. So, you also gave me the url link of fire and smoke sim tutorial in 2.65 insteads of 2.5. I follow through that video. whoever created that video seem no problem. My situation looks so bizzare and still black on domain that look like : http://youtu.be/qHzBOptA6MM. So i look for simliar issue as i have. found the forum of 2.65a smoke and fire under particle and physics section that @@glenlivet
has struggle on similiar issue as mine. I follow up their thread and i tried their ways but no of these suggestions works on me.
:frowning: I think something on the preference settings sincee i dont think it relates to memory card like as what one of thread said.

ok, you had the sim working in the video, but then you did something and the cube turned black, i’m not sure what you did there. also i did not see that you had a lamp in your scene? is the actual render just showing the cube (F12) as the default set up should give you the correct material settings to simply render out your simulation?

i unistalled 2.65a with 32 bit window 7. I resintalled 2.65 with 32 bit. it still does not work and uninstalled it. I reinstalled 2.65a with 64 bit window 7. no of them were working even it has Blender render setting like other thread said.

Now, I follow what you said

1. I set up objects without material settings there.
  2. move lamp closer to object so you can see in that scene.
  3. use smoke quickto set domain cube.
  4. render to see if domain cube with no black remind there like i did see render use F12 before. still not work cuz black still on domain

As what you mention my material is not setting properly. I follow that tutorial that seem not need to set up material. So, i wonder did the material does not set right on default window? If so, i see the domain material setting- Surface: Use Node and Diffuse color is white. Settings: viewport color white and Sample as Lamp is checked and Pass Index: 0. when domain shows no black, material domain settings still as when I play and domain changed to black. The domain material settings still same. how can i change that settings?

wait, are you using cycles?
smoke needs to be rendered with blender internal

yes, i noticed that i use cycles… Now, i change to Blender Render and see the domain material settings different. what i need to change without black domain?

smoke domain material : Data, Voume
Preview: Denisity 0 Density Scale 5.000
Shading: Scattering 1.000, Emission, 0.000, Asymmetry 0.000, Emission 0.000 and black, transmission Color is white,
Reflection 1.000
Lighting: “Shaded” unchecked External Shadows and unchecked Light Cache and Resolution at 50
Transparency: Z transparency
Integration: Step Calculation: “Randomized”, Depth Cutoff 0.010, Step Size 0.100
Options: n/a
cutom properties: n/a

i am trying to get my smoke domain to turn black like yours but i am not getting it. always it just works. can you upload your test blend so i can see if you have different settings somewhere so i can see if the problem can be fixed with settings?

ok i can upload my test blend now. let me do it…