Fire temple reconstruction

critique mostly welcome, any ideas for a better compositing?
256 samples with denoiser

1 Like

Oddly enough my eye is more drawn to this part of the image:
I’m assuming you want the central podium to be your focus and I think it’s some accidental guiding lines that are throwing my eye off a bit. The cloth above points my eye down to it:

Try pointing some curves/straight lines to your podium, the rug to the right of it could be slightly rotated to point more at it, perhaps one of the stands fell over and is now pointing at the podium etc. You’ve got pretty good contrast on the podium, it’s white to black which is great! Perhaps giving it a little more shine would help it pop out more.

It’s a great scene though, don’t feel disheartened! Here’s a good video on composition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8i7OKbWmRM

1 Like

Thanks really insightful!:heart: the background objects had lots of detail but i had to sacrifice it for the dark mystic look

1 Like

I know that feeling! :laughing:

Are you using depth of field? That alone can make a scene feel 10 times more real. For example, this picture I did really shows it: Light of Flight The way the blades of grass in the foreground blur in front of the scene, feels real but also helps avert your eyes away from the pointless grass.

1 Like

and another version with 1024 samples also changed composition

1 Like

Lighting is much better, my eye focuses on the podium now!

1 Like