First 2.46 Release Candidates online!

For Mac and Linux only at the Moment. But more will come. :slight_smile:

Link

thanks for the link!

no windows build? :confused: :frowning:

It’s a conspiracy, I tell you! eye twitches

And don’t forget that thanks to Ben, we will now have a much less buggy BGE with no major memory leaks:D

Much Appreciated!

I read about this a few weeks ago but couldn’t find out where to get it.Oh and the new Blender isn’t too different.But the particle system looks awesome but it’s still cool!
Oh I’m hearing everywhere "I read a tutorial but it was for Blender 2.50!Who has Version 2.50 and can you get it?

as far as i know 2.5 isn’t scheduled for release until after 2.46 (when the peach project comes out)

typo maybe?

figures no 32 bit linux binary, nor for windows either, eh?

guess well have to wait for the release compilers to do their thing when they have the time. :slight_smile:

I WANT this so bad. But I’m on windows. I would use Ubuntu, but It is a bit to Internet oriented for me. I can’t wait for the windows build of this…

Don’t forget www.graphicall.org, I think the builds over there are pretty stable. But, when the RC1 for windows is out, I’ll definitely make the switch to 2.46.

@tarkata14: Your avatar is evil…

just downloaded it now - will try it at home tonite

Ah! Finally, Windows version.

[edit]
Bug report: the new file browser slows down considerably and occassionally crashes whenever I run into avi files.

I get error messages in the following vein:

Input #0, avi, from 'filename.avi':
  Duration: hh:ss:mm.hh, start: 0.000000, bitrate: xxxx kb/s
  Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 720x400, 25.00 fps(r)
  Stream #0.1: Audio: mp3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 160 kb/s
Compiler did not align stack variables. Libavcodec has been miscompiled
and may be very slow or crash. This is not a bug in libavcodec,
but in the compiler. Do not report crashes to FFmpeg developers.
pixel format conversion not handled

I hope this is useful somehow. Once again, thanks to the devs for their continued efforts.

yay! windows version :slight_smile:

anyone know if the windows build is for SSE3 systems? or do we need specialty builds for this?

Blender 2.46 RC1 Windows has an EnvMap bug. There are white borders in EnvMap reflections.
I have added a bug to the bug tracker.
I have the same bug in jacos SVN build on graphicall.org, too.
With older versions the EnvMaps are correct.

Check this image:

A small test blend:
http://www.vrchannel.de/blender/EnvMap_Bug.blend
There are white borders at all AA-Edges.

Wow, big thanks to the developers!

the last download didnae load - so i try another load for tonite.

where is the windows version??is it at Graphicall.org?

Both .exe installer and .zip archive available for Windows at the link in the first post. Bottom of the list at the link.

This is very likely due to FFMPEG libraries for usage with the MSVC compiler haven’t been updated. I’ve been fighting for two days now to get nice new libs, but I’m not done yet.

I hope to get them sorted out soon, though!

/Nathan