First animation made ​​with Cycles

heremy experience animation/cycles

now, if I put one euro per day in the piggy bank I should have a nest egg when cycles will be ready to production, i must buy a powerful video card!!

Oh no, now there going to be controversy over the first cycles animation… hahaha

I guess if you go by upload time, you win though.

Edit: P.S. were you able to get it to animate properly? I had a problem with it rendering the same frame over and over…

Someone did one a few days ago in the “news and discussion” thread…

this may have already been done, but i made a simple script that will go through each frame of animation and render. it works in theory and somewhat in practice, but as people have mentioned, cycles does some wonky thinks when you switch frames. in particular, i find the first frame is always incorrect, and the remaining frames are correct, but offset in frame number by the incorrect frame. who knows if thats a bug particular to my specific build, so i didn’t try to compensate for it at all in my script.

anyway, hope this helps churn out a few more cycles renders!


import bpy


for frame in range(bpy.context.scene.frame_start,bpy.context.scene.frame_end+1):
    bpy.context.scene.frame_current=frame
    bpy.ops.render.render()
    filename=bpy.context.scene.render.filepath+str(bpy.context.scene.frame_current)+'.'+bpy.context.scene.render.file_format
    bpy.data.images["Render Result"].save_render(filename)

I got some advice on my thread about it, here another technique: (I tested it and it works too)

ahaha :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Saved by photofinish

however, the important thing is you can animate with cycles
my fear was the random noise would make it impossible

thanks shteeve for the script !!

The animation bug has already been fixed and its literally as simple as adding one line of code to \scripts\addons\cycles_init.py:


    def render(self, scene):
        scene.frame_set(scene.frame_current)
        engine.create(self, scene, True)
        engine.render(self, scene)
scene.frame_set(scene.frame_current)

was missing for some reason, its fixed in svn already