First attempt at a model

Hi all this is my first attempt at a 3d model and i just wanted any feedback you guys could give me. Thanks.

Attachments

ahhh, nicely done for a first model! i cant model guns like that for the life of me! good work, keep it up! (oh, and also, welcome to the blender community!)

Thanks for the feedback iliketosayblah and as for not being able to model guns like that I just made it up as I went along and it turned out alright. I think that the scope is the best bit personally

Jamie

Good job, but it looks to me like you forgot to set smooth. To do that, select the object, hit F9, and click on set smooth. It will look better… If you want the blocky look back, just do the same thing, but click on set solid instead of set smooth.

You might try the subsurf modifier too, if you haven’t already done so…

subsurf generally makes it look to…organic, try setting smooth like he said and then adding the EDGE SPLIT modifier,i dont know how to explain it really but it looks really nice for mechanicle objects and the like…

how cum ppl can do a first model thats getter than anything i can do naow, and ive had blender for 9 months~?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I have gone back and used the set smooth tool and I agree it does look better. The only thing I’m really not happy with is the materials, if anyone can help or point me to a good tutorial it would be appreciated.

Here are the revised pictures:

Attachments