First Blender Lip-Synch :) FUZZ

Hey all, here is my very first Blender lip-synch :slight_smile: (I did lip-synch one other time, and it was 13 years ago at college, nowhere this good either :stuck_out_tongue: )

Any C&C is more then welcome, I am learning animation and I hope to get better, so any good advices and such would really help :wink:

https://vimeo.com/60174126

Thanks for viewing :slight_smile:

Happy Blending :wink:

Really nice animation! I’m also gonna be practicing my animation after this BGC, cause I got no time right now! Hopefully I’ll be able to finish my entry in time :slight_smile: I’m guessing you had a lot of fun figuring out what to say in the lip-sync :stuck_out_tongue:

Critique::::::
I love the part at 00:33 :smiley: The gnashing of the teeth was perfect!
At 00:44 I think he’s bopping a bit too much while he’s speaking. Probably if you toned that down a bit it would be perfect :smiley:

Other than that Brilliant work! Love the texturing and lighting in this :slight_smile:
I had the same probably with the movement of the head on my first lip-sync!

Nathan: :slight_smile: Yhea, I had a few chuckles while doing the script, even more when recording it. However I also had some frustration because my mic is pretty crappy and I couldn’t get the clear crisp audio I wanted.

I agree about the bopping of the head, however, the character was very limited and only had 2 bones for the body, 1 for each right and left top and bottom lids so thats 4 bones, and only 5 bones to control the mouth. So very very very simple limited rig. Was a little hard to work with but I learned from it which is the essential.

Nice lip-synch on the Matrix thingy :slight_smile: However, I find that your character doesn’t move much, we cannot really feel his emotions. This is basically what I was trying to do with fuzz.

As far as the BGC goes, I won’t finish it, I have an idea for another animation which I am currently developing concepts and storyboards for :slight_smile: I am wanting to get better at animation, not modeling or rigging since I think I pretty much got that already :stuck_out_tongue: Next one will be cartoon as well, since it renders faster. This time will involve two characters interacting with each other :slight_smile:

I’ll keep that in mind thanks :smiley: I’m only going in the BGC to test myself and to hopefully get the Animation Toolkit from the Blender E-Shop!
Good Luck with your next animation!

Cheers,
Nathan

Loved it dude!
Unexpected and funny. Definitely loved the script. I didn’t mind the bobbing too much.
If anything I’d say that the eyes could’ve been hmmm less focused on the camera? With that voice and the lingo it would’ve been an added tools for you to use. Would also strengthen the effect when he got all big eyed and goes ‘you should’ve seen him run away man’ (heck I even giggled a little writing that sentence)…
But good work and I’d love to see what ever you throw at us next…

EvilTesla: Thanks :slight_smile: Good point about the eyes too focused on the camera :slight_smile: That’s the type of critiques I like :slight_smile: and that definitely helps :slight_smile:

I am glad you liked :slight_smile: And if it did made you laugh, then my goal was achieved :wink: And my practice seemed to be somewhat successful :slight_smile: