First Blender Work

first thing i would like to say is ‘HI!!!’ im pretty new here, so i’ll keep it short. been into this stuff for a couple of weeks, and mainly been playing around with features and stuff. then the other day i actually decided to do a piece… i spent ages trying to do very complex stuff, and then thought to myself… whats the point.
so what i have to show to you lot might not be the best piece ever, but hey, im just looking for opinions into it… its quite a minimal approach to a simple scene…
Enjoy…
comments more than welcome…
oh and btw… my current project is a concept car…

Attachments

Looks quite good, and welcome to the Blender community.

Really isn’t that bad for a first “real” piece. On the other hand, I would like to comment on the lighting. I either advise you to place some smaller lamps around the scene to add some ambient light or just activate ambient occlusion in the World panel. (Note: Set it on Approximate if you plan to use ambient occlusion, this will reduce render times on this feature which already adds a lot to it.)

For me especially, it was hard to understand how big lighting was to a scene but it really does make or break it.

Welcome to BA. Here we try to proivide you a great resource for everything Blender-related. If u recieved a start up message I am the real start up message. :smiley:
Nice job for a firstee. I remember in my beggining a made a stinky airplane made of duplicated cubes! It looked ok animated.

thanks for your comments guys… very much appreciated
I am in the process of learning all the basics, and and just covering lightling and materials… tutorials on blenderunderground.com… very useful indeed for newbies…
this was also just an intermediate phase i did, so i wasnt watching like 5 hours of video tutorials straight, without really doing anything, so i was pretty much just testing what ive learned, and seeing how realistic i could get a render looking…