First day with blender

hi guys,
just installed blender couple of hours ago…
i am facing a noob problem…
i have placed the UV Sphere in the window and again another UV Sphere just above…
now how can i go back to the previous UV sphere to edit it…

press tab to get into object mode, then select the object you want to edit and press tab again to go into edit mode.

I recommend reading through this: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro

i am only able to edit only the recent object (second one)… i am not able to go the first sphere…
if select the first sphere in object mode only the crosshair gets placed there… the object is not highlighted in pink…

sorry guys i found it out…
i need to right click on it…
sorry about this noob question… ty for the reply…

When I first started using Blender, I hated selecting with rmb…I still do, so I changed the setting in user preferences to select with lmb.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/The_Vital_Functions#User_Preferences_and_Themes

would you guys like to discuss problems faced by u on the first day with blender…

Ha! I can vaguely remember the whole window panning/rotating/scrolling thing, I could not get anything to work at all, could not discern any rhyme or reason why a mouse action with a key held down did whatever the heck it was doing. 3D Navigation was my hardest part.

Here’s some links in my sig just in case you need.

The Blender Basics PDF is really good to get you familiar with the different areas of Blender. It’s getting old now but the buttons haven’t changed very much since 2.42a.

The BSOD tut is fairly new and is really good cos it takes you all the way from modeling to rigging and animating a simple character (with sound).

The wiki links are a reference you will go back to time and time again no matter how far you progress. It is mostly up-to-date thanks to folks like good 'ol PapaSmurf.

You really have to watch what mode you are in (edit vs object). I remember pulling my hair out looking for buttons that weren’t there -cos I was in the wrong mode. :slight_smile: