First Ever Mesh

Hello,

I have been using Blender for 3 days now. I have used Blender Cookie’s basics tutorials to learn blenders features, maneuvering around the software etc…; this helped me greatly and I am extremely thankful.

I have created a few projects now, just following tutorials from Blender Cookie and Blender Guru. I then saw the human face mesh tutorial and it excited me as I have always wanted to design a person on a computer in 3D.

Here is my human head mesh that I created. Please bear in mind this is my third day with Blender and this was also my first attempt at doing this.

http://i53.tinypic.com/f1ktxv.png

Please comment, criticizing comments also welcomed in order to improve. :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks, Danny.

Looks very good mate, for a 3rd day render it is very good, remember mine and wasn’t anything like this. I did find that modelling a simple scene in my first few weeks taught me the most so I’d recommend that to get you going. A good suggestion is the coffee cup tutorial on Blender Cookie, that taught me loads about modelling and rendering, and I found it to be a good starting point in my work :slight_smile:

Keep it up mate

Tom

Yea I have done the basic videos and the coffee cup on day one.
Pic:

Day two was the car tyre.
Pic:

And day three was the human mesh.
As you can see I have been on Blender constantly. Spent hours on end on Blender over the last three days.
Even at college, I installed it to my memory stick and was playing with it in my programming class. Teacher wasn’t happy, but I’m obsessed with it! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback.
Danny.

what’ll it be on day 2457??? a full planet??? a full animation of skorpionox??? an animation of a destroyed city textured right down to the last manhole???

ok im tired its been a long day… keep up the good work:D

Awesome you’ve done loads in three days! here was my first coffee cup, that was like after a week or so though, so you’ve made loads of progress.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_Bi64UUQXWDc/TLdyo8Hx2zI/AAAAAAAAABU/xPkQLqIIZec/s800/Coffee%20Cups.jpg

I should be revising for blooming exams, but end on this everyday almost, it’s not good :s if i fail in life i shall blame blender foundation!

Really good job for a third day!

What i’d suggest for the head:
Go to scene tab, turn on simplyfy and check “Skip quad to triangles”.
OR
Use Smooth shading.
OR
Add a subsurf modifier.
OR
Finish the model, add details (nose, mouth, eyes, etc).

Keep going :slight_smile: practice makes perfect :smiley: