"First" finished project... Crane Hook

This is my first completed project… Been trying many Blender’s features, did a few tutorials but this is what I consider to be my first real project. :smiley:
Based on a technical drawing from a book on industrial drawing.

www.danifou.ca/IMGS2/hook01.png

it is pretty cool - good job although i wouldnt say it is a project but rather a quick pic seeing as there isn’t a real purpose to the image other than showcasing a really nice render! Keep up the good work! :wink:

Cool! I really like it.

Looks good. You should stick it into an environment, or even just composit the damned thing into a picture. It looks odd against that background.

Nice render, except the chain/rope material looks strange.

Thanks everyone !

…although i wouldnt say it is a project but rather a quick pic …

Yeah, I should have said "my first really finished render pic… You say Tomato, I say Tomato… :wink: My first language is french I don’t use english to often and have sometimes difficulties to choose the right words :frowning:

…You should stick it into an environment, or even just composit the damned thing into a picture. It looks odd against that background…

I agree. probably the next project :wink:

…the chain/rope material looks strange…

I didn’t figure how to model or texture a steel cable. Any ideas ?

Danifou

hey me too! where you from? I’m from Quebec! 8)

I didn’t figure how to model or texture a steel cable. Any ideas ?

Danifou

For the purple in it, try going to “Map to” in the materials section, (Far right button, for me anyway) and change the purple color to somthing else :slight_smile: I think!

PS. Im prolly newer at this then you… so if its wrong, I blame inexperience!

Salut Prince,
J’habite Gatineau ! :smiley: